IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The word is HOT! Very HOT! This is the best I have seen all year. Lots of boats are pulling 3 to 6 fish by noon in the Channel (everywhere is good from Freds to the Mouth), Troll Herring, Shrimp or Anchored with quickfish. It does not seem to matter what why you are fishing now. I landed 3 today and missed 65 others all by noon.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report Talons, my scappoose brethren! (Actually I am just this side of scappoose, which i unfortunately get reminded of every year at property tax time). Anyway, I hope to go at least one more time this year down there, but will probably have to wait til next week after work. Of course the hot bite will probably be over by then, but as always, the beer will taste fine!

Good luck Everybody

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by TALONS:
I landed 3 today and missed 65 others all by noon.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Talons-

How do you go 3 for 68 , before noon ??? :shrug:

Hook file, or *********?? :shocked: :wink:

Chris :cool:

G

·
Sure is good news. More fish still coming up the entire system, if this is the case.

:grin:

[ 05-08-2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I think TALON is joking....missed 65 fishyeah right. :grin:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is anybody doing any good lately, must be really slow since i don't see many boats on way to work? I got a few at sellwood about a week ago. Also, at what tempature do you usually switch to lures instead of bait? I've always heard they kinda turn off bait when it warms up? Thanks for any tips?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The fish are there, but it's spotty. Late morning today, Friday, The can was dead, saw a small bite at Sellwood from 11 to 11:30 and heard a good bite was on down below the river bend. We picked up two while toodling between spots. Tight lines.

·
Tuna! AKA Papermaker
3,157 Posts
Falls to old bridge has been very slow last day and a half. :depressed:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks riverlipper, very nice of you to post the MC report, i look at that all the time. The general consensus seems to be that it was a lot better in MC last year, not really sure why, as there is supposed to be same numbers this year?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts