IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from another great vacation in Mazatlan Mexico, the weather was perfect @ 86-88 degrees and blue skies.....and the fishing wasn't to bad either.

Like last year, we stayed @ Torro Mazatlan resort, thier condo's are very nice....

On Monday, we were up early(3:30 a.m.)to leave @ 4:15 a.m. for the 90 minute drive to lake El Salto to fish for largemouth bass. Sandy and I did this same trip, a year ago this same week, and did very well. Our El Salto trip this year was a copy of last year....try 70+ bass from 2#-8# in 5 hours!
Sweet way to start of the day with a nice bass on my first cast with a topwater plug....

One of the main reason El Salto is a top bass lake world wide is it's total C & R, here's an average El Salto Bass....

On Wednesday, we went Marlin fishing on our friend, Mark Dissmores(from Pullman Wa.) 34' twin diesel Marlin boat "The Lolita".
Mark is the Co Owner of Escualo Fleet Sport Fishing in Mazatlan, which operate 6 34' twin diesel Cruisers and 6 25' twin outboard SuperPangas.

Last November when Sandy and I fished with Mark, we boated 40-50 Dorado(Mahi-Mahi)a 60# Wahoo, but not Marlin....This year we were joined by friends Robert and Shannon Jones, and caught Marlin and no Mahi-Mahi. :shrug:

Sandy was first to hook up on our Marlin trip....

After a great 20 minute battle, she was ready to hand it off, but she stuck to it and 10 minutes later landed and released her first ever Marlin....a 120# Stripe

Robert was next up....

Wow what a fish, on it's first run, this 150# Stripe Marlin smokes off 500 yards of 80# line on a 19# drag like it was nothing. After a 45 minute fight, a quick photo and release....

All in all, a pretty good 6 hour trip, with 2 Striped Marlin released, 2 drive bys and 2 more marlin in our spread that didn't bite. :dance:

Thought this was a cool sunset photo, wlth a shrimp boat in the setting sun....

Now back to 40 degrees with drizzle, chasing late Coho and Winter Steelhead, who's game? :smash:

· Registered
30 Posts
Bob,
Just who I need to talk with, My husband and I are going down to Mazatlan for the first time in February and we want to go fishing at least 2 days. It sounds like you trust this guide and had a great time. Would you have his telephone # so we can schedule a trip with him and any other information would be helpful.We will be staying at the "Marina El Cid Hotel and Yacht Club"
Thank you,
Athena :flowered:

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We Marlin fished on "The Lolita"....named after Marks wife Lola, the captain of "The Lolita" is named George, and Jaun is the deckhand.

athena, I'll p.m. you some contact info for Escualo Fleet Sprot Fishing, when in get home from this next group of guide trips. Escualo Fleet's Marina is right next to Marina El Sid Motel where you are staying.

We're booked to go the same week next year. can't
wait! :cheers:

Duane, I'll get ahold of you in the next week or so on some springer dates.

· Registered
906 Posts
We Marlin fished on "The Lolita"....named after Marks wife Lola, the captain of "The Lolita" is named George, and Jaun is the deckhand.
Wow small world. 2 years ago we stayed in that resort and fished that boat, same captain and deckhand! We didn't catch fish tho...

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Great pics Bob! I figured you were doing something other than "working" as I haven't heard from ya in several weeks!!!! Looks like a great vacation! Way to go!!! :cheers:

Mike, you must of been "trolling" rather than fishing during spring break, eh? :yay:

· Registered
97 Posts
thats awesome, we love going to mazatlan, fun place,great people and wonderful fishing..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.