IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That time of the year, and things are opening up, for me a hard guess who will shine, before the first round off the top I say.........
Bryson DeChambeau
Justin Thomas
Tony Finau

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I need to go look at my pool and see who I picked. Would like to see JT win it, he's fun to watch. If Bryson somehow hits it with any sort of accuracy off the tee he might eat Augusta alive (odds are against it). Hope the course plays fast and the greens are firm. Love watching pros struggle a little bit.

Reactions: BarbDeep

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Bryson doesn't play well at the Master's - we will see if his length can help...it didn't in November.

Odds on fave is DJ with JT, JS and JR following closely behind.

I am hoping that cats like Berger and Hatten can shine through.

Love to see Rory do well, too.

Either way, it is a great field and shaping up to be an amazing tourney

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not Tiger for sure.:unsure::rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Hopefully not someone in Washington.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If Lefty could win it I'd be stoked, but it ain't happening. His quest to hit "bombs" (as much as i love it) has made him twice as erratic as he used to be. He just don't got it anymore. Bryson shot an incredible opening round, augusta national is great for bombers and high ball flight, he's definitely got a chance and has been playing very well as of late. Anybody see the clip of him going crazy ont eh range swing hard as possible and Singh just giggling. Classic. I can't wait, lets go Spieth!!!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OKAY, whom is Lefty, are we talking Phil Mickelson?
I have been on the Spieth cherring team, but he sure lost his swag., Boy I would like to see De Cham get locked in and sink em.

·
Registered
37,729 Posts
Vegas money is on DJ for the repeat.

Lefty has to relearn how to play golf at his current skill level. If he can’t back off the throttle to the point of being accurate, he’ll never contend anywhere again. Courses are getting tougher all the time with narrow fairways and that’s a killer for his current game.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Few pairings' that should be fun to watch. I even threw Phil's group in there, I like Scheffler, he get's in a lot of good spots (don't all the pro's) but his swing is all his own, and Fleetwood is a stud. The 10:42 is one Ill be keeping a close eye on. Seems weird that McIlroy isn't the favorite to win it all, he was the second coming not to many years ago. Obviously has the talent, hasn't been playing very well since covid and not having fans at the course though. Just a couple hours till kick off boys!!

10:06 a.m. -- Bubba Watson, Brooks Koepka, Viktor Hovland
10:42 a.m. -- Xander Schauffele, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy
10:54 a.m. -- Patrick Reed, Daniel Berger, Paul Casey
1:12 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Tommy Fleetwood, Scottie Scheffler
1:36 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Bryson DeChambeau, Max Homa
1:48 p.m. -- Tony Finau, Louis Oosthuizen, Justin Thomas
2 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Cameron Smith, Collin Morikawa

·
Registered
984 Posts
  • Dustin Johnson, Lee Westwood, Tyler Strafaci (10:30 a.m.)
Missed one 😎

I always enjoy watching the latest U.S. Amateur Champ
besides these other 2 notable players

·
Registered
37,729 Posts
Barb... Agree, your 10:54 pick is the most talented group. Agree with your Fleetwood comment too. The guy is due and has the talent.

Coastal.... Wouldn’t it be great to see DJ and Lee playing together Sunday. Lee and anybody....

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Few pairings' that should be fun to watch. I even threw Phil's group in there, I like Scheffler, he get's in a lot of good spots (don't all the pro's) but his swing is all his own, and Fleetwood is a stud. The 10:42 is one Ill be keeping a close eye on. Seems weird that McIlroy isn't the favorite to win it all, he was the second coming not to many years ago. Obviously has the talent, hasn't been playing very well since covid and not having fans at the course though. Just a couple hours till kick off boys!!

10:06 a.m. -- Bubba Watson, Brooks Koepka, Viktor Hovland
10:42 a.m. -- Xander Schauffele, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy
10:54 a.m. -- Patrick Reed, Daniel Berger, Paul Casey
1:12 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Tommy Fleetwood, Scottie Scheffler
1:36 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Bryson DeChambeau, Max Homa
1:48 p.m. -- Tony Finau, Louis Oosthuizen, Justin Thomas
2 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Cameron Smith, Collin Morikawa
Rory doesn't know which way the ball is going to go right now. If you're swing isn't there, but you know where you are going to miss, you can combat it. Rory will get it figured out, but it won't be at Augusta this year.

Reactions: BarbDeep

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Vegas money is on DJ for the repeat.

Lefty has to relearn how to play golf at his current skill level. If he can’t back off the throttle to the point of being accurate, he’ll never contend anywhere again. Courses are getting tougher all the time with narrow fairways and that’s a killer for his current game.
Leftys home away from home is Augusta. He plays it 5-6 times a year

1 - 20 of 51 Posts