IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant say enough good stuff about this guy. I was scheduled to fish with him on Saturday. He had two other guys scheduled that cancelled. So I had the pleasure of fishing with just him and his dog Sadie.

Fishing TBay was very slow. Around 3:00 another guide came by with a boat full of clients and yells over to us "I had enough of this ****, Im out of here."

5 Minutes later a small wave of fish came in and we got one of them. 28# Chrome hen.

Had a great day with Marty, learned a new fishery, went home with a nice fish and a bag full of eggs!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Marty is a s good as a guide can get. I have had the pleasure of fishing with Marty about 6 times in the last 4 years. In September of this year he got my 8 year old into his first 3 salmon... all in the same day! Marty is very easy to fish with and spend time with. The only bad thing about fishing with Marty & my son is that my son would love to have a dad like Marty who could consistently put him into salmon.! Thanks for making me look bad Marty.
Best Fishes

·
Registered
745 Posts
Saw ya land that fish Jeff. I talked to you two a couple of times out of the green diamondback drift boat as we passed. Looked like a nice chrome fish. That was a nice bite while it lasted, wish it would have lasted a little longer. Marty is one of the most pleasurable guys to encounter anywhere. Top notch!!!
Bill

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Pretty slow around here, saw 5 fish caught Saturday including this nice chrome girl caught by ifish member, Smoky:

Thanks for the day Jeff, always a pleasure to fish with you too. Too bad I didn't get the hooks in the first one better!

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
nice fish smoky......there comin :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Hey, Marty, thanks for the Gallon of eggs for our fun raiser. We auctioned off eggs by the quart, donated by your self and many of the other great local guides. I would be embarassed to tell you what we get per quart. Now that is after I give a 5 minute speech on how great these eggs are and put up by non other than the best guides in the world. The nice thing about it is that all funds go the the Whiskey Creek Volunteer Salmon Hatchery.I will give you a little clue. We have never taken a donation of less than $55.00 per quart and never more than $150.00 per quart. Thanks Marty and the Tlllamook Guides Association.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Nice fish Jeff. Yeah, Marty is a pleasure to fish with. There aren't a whole lot of guides that get up on the bow of their driftboat and do a belly dance for ya while you are fishing. :tongue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts