IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my dream boat and now I need to do the 10 hour oil change. Anyone know where to get Marine oil filters close to McMinnville. I've been to Auto Zone and Shucks with no success. I'n hoping True From will have one in the morning.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Some of the outboard filter are OEM only. If you have an inboard just get a good filter like a WIX or Fram and you will be fine. You don't have to buy into the extra price just to have "marine" on the filter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get a Carquest, NAPA, or Wix filter (all made by Wix). Best on the market. If you ever see a Fram cutaway you'll never buy another one. James Shelton.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Waterdog I picked two wix filters up at Davidsons. Was wondering if you would get in on this post.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get a Carquest, NAPA, or Wix filter (all made by Wix). Best on the market. If you ever see a Fram cutaway you'll never buy another one. James Shelton.
not boat related but, a couple years ago cummins was not covering engine failures with Fram filters(dodge ram pick-ups). short time later they decided to warrenty them but were going after Fram for reimbursement. Best to stick with OEM or find out who makes them for a given manufacturer and purchase that brand.

·
Registered
393 Posts
put a KnN filter and you're GTG. (if they make one for your application.)
got 'em on my Dodge diesel, both Honda Accords and Honda 90 outboard.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just got my dream boat and now I need to do the 10 hour oil change. Anyone know where to get Marine oil filters close to McMinnville. I've been to Auto Zone and Shucks with no success. I'n hoping True From will have one in the morning.
True Form RV & Marine, just East of McMinnville on Hwy 99 has marine filters.

·
Registered
250 Posts
hello, i use sierra filters and they will warranty failures. napa does sell sierra in their marine catalog. if you have any doubts just use oem filters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts