IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend that I fish with bought river-marina gas in an emergency once when he failed to top-up the tank before a trip. All he did was complain about having to do it. I thought to myself "fill-up before you get on the water, duh!" No problems with that gas, though.

I was wondering if any Ifisher's have had a bad experience like the ones I've been told. Basically, you'll get a lot of water and have engine problems because of it. Others say it is old gas. I understand the extra cost of Marina gas. Which marinas on the CR or Willy in particular have had problems? (if that's OK to mention)

I have a fuel/water seperator filter. What is the recommended interval for changing it? I would guess every year, maybe two if your buying quality gas. I don't need to use a gas stabilizer, as I'm fishin year round.

As always, appreciate your input!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I Have never purchased marina fuel before. Always top off :wink: But, I do change the two I have every year. Probably over kill but never want to have a problem.

Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Boatdog,

You mostly want to find high volume spots.

I use the Camas Marina and Columbia Crossing on Hayden Island. I think Fred's on Multnomah Channel pumps a lot.

Brion

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Never had a problem with any marina gas. I've used Fred's, St Helen's, Staff Jennings, Southbeach (Newport)and countless others. My PWC is extremely picky about gas, so if it was substandard, I'd know. My Merc is a lot more forgiving. :smile:

With the liability involved in handling gas anywhere near water I'm surprised anybody still sells it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts