IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Released a 34" Coho ( #2 brass spinner) and saw many fish about the same size on the Wilson today.( between mm's 18 & 21). Are we having a bumper crop o Coho ? or could they have been 'Nooks ??

·
Registered
94 Posts
I caught a chrome native coho of about 10 lbs on the Wilson this last Friday. I also saw many pods of 10-15 bright cohos moving up the shallow riffles. They definitely were not nooks. Probably saw 100 move up through the area I was fishing in about 2 hours... Good news!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Uh...better check those fish better..or someone should post when there was a coho run in the Wilson...In my "umpteen" years of fishing the wilson never have done seen a white gummed bullet in there. I'm bett'n not.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
882 Posts
My buddy and I were down there on Sun. and he caught a 12-15 pd buck a couple miles above mills bridge and Ill gaurantee it was a coho.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
are you sure they are not bright chums? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yes, there are definitely wild coho in the Wilson, or at least were. We use to catch them fishing for steelhead in December on the Devil's Lake Fork when it was still open for flyfishing only.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dorkfish....there are definitly Coho in the Wilson. Chums too but it's a touch early for em'. Check your regs for the season if there is one....I seem to remember a small window for fishing but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
my son caught 4 on sunday......all as bright as could be and definetly silvers.....i hadnt seen any silvers until last year when a friend of mine caught 1......then on sunday ......they were everywhere......and no they werent chum.....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh yeah! They are in there. I got a nice 10-12 pound chrome brite hen last Saturday morning. I tried to make it into a chinook but it did not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts