IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mama told me there\'d be days like this

Here it is monday, finally back to work and my unsupervised computer usage. Thought I would share my late Tilly report from Thursday the 6th.
Started out on the right foot, boat in the water by 7;30 am. Motored over to the crab harbor area and dropped four traps and then off to the ghost hole to join the trolling parade. 20 minutes into our fishing day blammo!! my rod buries. I get to fighting this fish for about 10 minutes and get it close to the boat a couple times and see it flash. The excitement level increases as the net comes out but the excit-o-meter flatlines when my rod goes dead only to reel my bare hooks. oh well, it happens. couldn't rebait fast enough. got back in the water and trolled....and trolled....and trolled. About this time the net (which had been placed on top of the canvas) falls in the drink and sinks (mental note, second net lost this year due to storing it on the top.....get stickier top). ok, time to pull the traps. we pull all four traps after soaking them for three hours and get a whopping 4 crabs. the tide is at high slack by this time and in desperation for more seafood we drop them one more time. As soon as the tide started out we pulled the first one. by the time it was cleaned out the other three were submerged. we looked and looked but nada. we were on a time schedule to get home so we called off the search and headed in. The final tally for the day was..... lost...
1 cheapo net
3 crab traps
1 30 lb chrome hog
On the sunny side, it was a beautiful day, I had the great company of my good friend Scott, my daughter Kate (the frozen poodle) and her boyfriend Sean. The boat didnt sink and we made it home alive in time for honey to whip up some crab cakes. In summation, life is good!
If anyone should stumble onto my traps, 2 of the bouys say h20dog on them and one has orange flames and says DDDD, give me a shout, i would love to get them back.

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Re: Mama told me there\'d be days like this

Well, at least you are here to tell us about it. I might have pulled my hair out, plug cut my cranium and called it a day!

3,877 Posts

Roger,

Team All-Inclusive does not mean donating all your exclusive fishing toys to the cause :tongue: ...

Oh heck, like you said it was all good when you got home. Tell Scott hey. I have been doing the duck hunting thing the last couple of weekends.

Got some possible fishing trips lined up with work folks this weekend.

Maybe a trip to the John Day since I am almost tagged out for Tilly Hogs...

Lets hook up soon.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sounds like a plan Terry. I have a thing this weekend with the guys I use to play hoops with, but after that I am open. Still haven't broke the 30 lb mark this year so i may have to keep after the coast till its over.

3,877 Posts

Roger,

Definately looks like I am doing the 3 dayer over at the JD.

I probably will throw an open inventation out to Ifishers pretty soon.

I will be in touch...

Cmon Rain... I am ready to catch Metal Heads...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts