IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,I posted this question on the Salty Dogs also,how do you get the brass eyes to stay in the mold till you get it closed? Mine seems to stay on the eye of the mold for a few sinkers then it will not hold where its supposed to.Any suggestions from you molders out there would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
What brand, style and size of sinker mold are you having problems with? Maybe I can help you out if i have that info.

Dan

·
Registered
389 Posts
What I have used in the past is a small strip of scotch tape. Once the mold has been heated by repeated pouring, there is enough of the tape left over to hold the brass fittings in place till you get them closed. Has worked for me in the past. Just my .02 :cheers:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have been told that bar soap works well. Haven't had the opportunity to try yet, but will soon have my pot repaired, and will be giving it a try. Now I just have to find where I misplaced my eyelets.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dan,I am using a Palmer mold in 5,6 and 8 oz pyramids.Using size 3 eyelets on it.Thanks

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
OH BOY!!!!
A bunch of mini-me's runnin around!!! :dance:

The world will never be the same again. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Pinch the eyes closed a small amount then they will fit snugly onto the mold. Too much and they are too hard to get on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts