IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we were in the water very early on saurtday we fished from jefferson to the i-5 bridge again. we were off the river by 1130 with six chinook in the boat. guys the fish are in here but you have to work the slot areas. i know that many people think you have to run all over to get the fish. i have never seen more sleds than i did on saturday and i would bet they didn't beat a 12 and 13 year old boy and an old dad.

the secret is to find a spot and fish it completely. i was in my willies drift boat with my minkota and we had sled come into holes behind us and fish then go to the next hole. i would motor back up and run a diver and bait or bobber fish it agian and pick up a fish.

just another report

good luck guys

:dance:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
willie17, how many pounds of thrust does your minn kota have? I've thought about taking mine along on the Greens Bridge to I-5 drift but thought that it being a 36 pound thrust minn kota that it would not have the juice to help me much. Should I reconsider and take it along?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey cully

mine has 74 lbs of thrust. it works off two battries. here is the big difference i turned the head on the bottom around so that it thrusts in reverse but using the prop in the forward motion. it helped out soooooo much.

if you have any questions send me an e-mail and i would be glad to explain.

i'm going to lebanon on friday to fish the lebanon dam down to gills landing i hear they are doing good on that section.

take care

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hey willy How long can you run that system till it is low on power - back trolling heavy salmon water? Can you get a full charge overnight - say 8 hours? I bet with 74 lbs you could go up rapids. :grin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the question on power

I purchased a couple of battries last year and paid about 40 each. i got what i paid for could only run for about 3-4 hours and then could tell the difference.

this motor with the two new batteries i purchaed this year for 72.00 each will run the boat for about 6-7 hours strong. but i use one of the bad batteries and i can run for about 8 hours. i can fully charge the battries in the boat and it takes a full night to do it

thanks for the questions

good luck fishing
:wink:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Willie 17, where do you plan on putting in. That #@$%& Townsend has leased the slide below the damn for himself and has it posted. He won't let any one else use it and says he will prosecute any one who uses it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
why would you want to fish somewhere else when your killing them on the north?just my curiosity getting the best of me.i never leave fish to find fish.that is just me. :wink: :smile:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Willie17, I may have been one of those sleds. Would you mind if I followed you around for awhile to see which slots your hitting? :shrug:

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Nice post. Good advice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts