IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurkin around fer a while now,better post one of my own.The weekend of the worm happend labor day weekend summer of '01.I was fishing out of Astoria all summer with my bro when we finally got tired of draggin home salmon so decided to hit the jettys for some pearch.Sitting on the south jetty fishing the spit surf my bro hollers he's got sumthin and it aint no pearch,after about a 5min fight on his peach gear,15# with a 4oz piramid and two sz.2 baitholders rigged with crawlers,in comes an 8lb hatchery coho.Just because we already had our fill of salmon didn't mean the freezer wouldn't hold one more so high five and in the gunnie with it.Next day North jetty,aside from the silver,fishin wasn't too hot on the south side,so here we are pulling pearch off the ocean side of the north jetty,when bro starts hollerin again either a big,big pearch or I did it again.So down in the breakers I go to get a grip on his 2nd silver outa the surf in 2 consect days on worm again.Another hatchery coho went round the wrong side of the jetty and got lost.I hollered to the bobber fishermen on the other side they're fishin the wrong side and should be using worms,not a very warm response,high five one for the bbq.Monday back home in Longview an old friend stops by and wants to go to the river,so grab afew beers and off to Camalot.I throw out my drift rod with eggs and a spin-glo,my buddy,not an avid fisherman,decides to use my surf rod and the old rigging left on from pearch fishin,double night crawlers.While I'm unhooking my 5th or so chub,down goes buddy's pole zing goes the drag.After a long battle in comes a 20lb+ nook,unfortunatly the rigging on the rod was left over from being drug over the rocks at the coast and he tryed to horse it in through the shallows and snap.But atleast I got to see it happen again,3 salmon 3days nothing but worm.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wecome aboard and more good fishing. Good story :cheers: :cheers:

Good fishin: Arch

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Welcome aboard TonTo :cheers: You've come to the right place!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the warm welcome,bought my first couple of wobblers the other day,being more of a troller,but still reading and learning.May see some of y'all out there.

·
Administrator
119,642 Posts
Welcome Tonto!
I love the jetty stories, having fished it for years. :smile:
Jen

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great story.... WELCOME :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts