IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a few posts and was waiting to get busted for a fishing story but have remained undetected. However I couldn't take the strain and have decided to come clean on my own.
I have been fortunate and have been pretty sucessful fishing and nothing spectactular has happened so my story might be short and bland. I was fishing with Terry (Kentucky Hog Hunter)up on the shad rack URBs I think. We were anchored up and were suprised that almost every boat in the hog line we were in kept blowing off their hooks and we were not. Usually Terry's Duckweld is the first to go but on this day we hung like a rock. Just as we were commenting on our good fortune we blew off our hook. The suprising thing was that there was no reason to come off no wakes from other boats nada. The answer to the mystery revieled itself when we pulled the sea anchors in. A 18 to 20lb. nook with a quickfish still in It's mouth had gone into the sea anchor head first. Unfortunately it was a nate and dead. Hard thing to do releasing a perfectly good dead fish.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Welcome to ifish, Hogback. What a bummer that must have been. Kind of puts a damper on a day.

I've seen some dead nates floating by during springer season. Tragic.

J

3,877 Posts
Bout time you quit lurking Randy.

I remember that springer trip. Your right, that was surprising but I like the story about the 2 coho's you caught out at the CR buoy at the same time in the summer of 2002.

Get this everyone, I saw this guy get a silver on and then a 2nd silver hit the fish flash on the way in and Randy being the fish terminator he is, hucked both those puppies in the boat at the same time.

Thanks for the memories bud and I look forward for the good times ahead in your awesome new boat. :cheers:

Terry Luckett - aka "The Kentucky Hog Hunter"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts