IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all of us desk captain's, there's nothing that makes the mouth water more for the weekend than photos from the field. Frankly, it's what gets me through the day.

Luhr-Jensen has stepped up to offer a reason to download the digital and get those photos out in the open for everyone to enjoy...a monthly, themed photo contest.

No better time than the present to get started, so let's jump in.

This month's contest is "Brights". With the closure, break out the shots you already have. And because not everybody fishes the Columbia, lets see “Brights” from anywhere!! No red. No brown. No spawning color on any chinook, just pure CHROME AND BLACK! :dance:

The rules will state the contest ends the last day of each month, but to get this going, let's run this contest through Oct 10, and another shortened one will run through the end of October, putting it then on a monthly schedule.

This month's prize pack (about $50 worth) includes, a four pack of these...

And these four Kwikfish...a K13, two K-15's and a lighted 16X.

At this point, we're all hoping for a re-opener to get some time in below Bonneville. Here's the setup the prizes are geared towards. Slide a big bead or a "t" bead on your mainline (stops the swivel from being reeled into the rod tip). Then slide the free end of the swivel on the Jumbo Jet's dropper on your mainline. Add another big bead. Tie on a swivel (I like Bead Chains in this position). You now have your sliding Jumbo Jet rigged. Add 6-feet of 50lb. mono (a good Kwikfish is a terrible thing to lose). Tie on the Duo Lock snap from the Kwikfish. Wrap plug, tune, go fish.

In the big/deep water you have to go long to get the lure down...100+ feet.

Here's a couple shots to get started...

Action Bright...

Head Shot Bright...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: New Luhr-jensen Monthly Photo Contest

It's not official without rules. Please note the change on entry dates noted above for the first two contests.

These rules can be modified at any time.

IFISH/LUHR-JENSEN PHOTO CONTEST RULES

1) This is a monthly contest. The deadline for entries is the last day of each month. A theme will be chosen for each contest period, and contest entries should relate in some way to the theme for that month’s contest. The relevance a photograph has to the contest theme will be part of the criteria used to judge the photographs submitted.

2) The competition is open to any Ifish.net members in good standing with more than ten previous posts on the Ifish.net bulletin board. The Ifish.net administration reserves the reason to remove any contest entry for any reason whatsoever.

3) Eligible photos should be uploaded to the Ifish.net photo gallery and posted on the thread started for the current contest period. Entries for this contest should be formatted no larger than 800 pixels in any dimension at 72 dpi. Please keep your file sizes down to no more than is necessary to accurately reproduce the image on a computer monitor display in compressed jpg format. All uploads and posts must conform to the Ifish.net AUP (acceptable use policy).

4) Up to 2 photos per participant may be entered in each contest period and no single photo may be entered in more than one subject area. The reason for this contest is to share both the appreciation for the fish we catch and the places those fish draw us to in their pursuit. A short description about where and when the photo was taken, and any detail you’d like to include about fishing gear used is very much appreciated. This information may be considered as part of the judging criteria. Please note advertising, logos, or similar items are generally inappropriate on Ifish.net and any such markings placed on photo contest entries after the photograph was taken should be removed prior to posting. Please refer to the Ifish.net AUP for further details.

5) You must be both the person who took the photograph and owner of the copyright in all photos entered in the contest. In addition, by entering the contest you agree to allow Ifish.net have a free non-exclusive license to use, display, or reproduce your photograph at will. Contest winners may be asked to submit an original or high-resolution copy of any winning photograph for future publication. If your photograph is considered for any future use or publication and you desire credit for taking the photograph, you are asked to submit your real name as part of your contest entry.

6) For the purposes of this contest photographs should not be altered in any substantial way other than necessary and normal artistic corrections for color, contrast, burning, dodging, cropping etc. Contest Judges may (at their discretion) request an original unedited version of any photograph submitted for comparison purposes. Failure to provide the original photograph in a timely manner (if requested) may result in disqualification of your photograph by the contest judges. Creative effect multiple exposure images of the same subject matter are allowed.

7) A representative of Luhr-Jensen will narrow the contests entries to five finalists each month. A public poll will decide the winning photograph. The Ifish.net administration reserves the right to change the contest rules at any time and without any notification.

8) Prizes for each monthly contest, along that month’s theme, will be fully described on the first post of each month’s contest. Winners will be required to provide their name and address via private message so that prizes can be mailed to them via US Mail. Luhr-Jensen assumes no liability for the prize package reaching winning contestants.

9) Contestant are limited to winning only one monthly contest in any calendar year. We still want to see all entries, but this is a fisherman’s contest first and a professional photography contest second.

Please note that prizes are not guaranteed by Ifish.net and please remember that the purpose of this contest is to have fun, and enjoy our fisheries through photography. At minimum you will win the satisfaction of knowing you took a good photograph and had fun doing it!

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Re: New Luhr-jensen Monthly Photo Contest

Oh, I can't wait to see these!!!!! Let's GO!

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: New Luhr-Jensen Monthly Photo Contest

A couple of platinum kings.

Bruce caught this baby on a trip to Elfin Cove in May. It was his biggest to date chinook and was mint bright to say the least.

Entry two is A February Springer from the Willamette.

Both will be forged in my fishing memory bank forever.

·
Registered
984 Posts

I'm in...do I get extra points for the Luhr Jensen Manistee shot?....:grin:

·
Registered
984 Posts

I'll put this one in too...(although I didnt take it, its still a good pic... and that lurker "J" who did take it will step up if he wins I'm sure...)

·
Registered
243 Posts

I didn't believe by 8 year old when he told me he had a fish, I told him to give me the rod so I could get it unsnagged. To my surprise, it really was a fish, so I handed the rod back to him and he proceeded to land this ivory fleshed Yaquina Bay chromer.

·
Registered
857 Posts

so many to choose from....

·
Registered
9 Posts

I had the opportunity to get my wife in the boat with me and she came through with this nice 12# Salmon.

Attachments

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts

Man oh man... I had trouble trying to find the brightest, once compressed! :)

OK, here are mine. Do I get to play, too? :)

Above is my life time Springer, weighing in at 37 pounds... That was awesome!

And above, here, is my first fish (Springer, also I think...) after my surgery. I was so weak, but what a rush! I think this one made my recovery easier after my dissection!

I don't care if I'm in the running to win. I just want to play, too! :)

Jen

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

I've caught a few bright fish...

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts

Well, gosh. I thought the rules said you could enter two, so I entered two.

Ha ha, 5 cents! I win! :laugh: Your daughter is going to be mad... She could have won!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

:bnews:Here are my two Luhr Jensen photo contest entries::bnews:

Our Luhr Jensen Jumbo Diver :bowdown: provided us with the perfect depth management tool for enticing this 38 pound Kasilof King. Photo taken July 21, 2007.:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts

Hey no fair, you're on the Kenia! I'm fishing the Columbia. I'll be there next June.:cheers::cheers::cheers::Christmas::bigshock::bigshock::passout::passout::passout:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts