IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend a bunch of us went over to the Nehalem for camping, fishing and crabbing. All three ventures turned out well. The weather wasn't the best for camping, but the Yurt we stayed in had a nice little heater so we were toasty. The crabbing was excellent. "Talks to elk", an old hand at the crabbing thing, went crazy and caught a pile of keepers in his boat. And it's a good thing to, because he can eat crab like no one I've ever seen. What a "HOG" :wink: The fishing was slow Saturday, "Talks to elk" boated and released one native coho. Sunday proved a little better. I released a small coho right after we started fishing and pounded a 25# chinook buck around 9:00 am. :dance: "Talks to elk's" boat put a #30 hen in the boat early. I caught mine on a purple and pink wiggle wart believe it or not. The other was caught on a rainbow spinner.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Karl, nice fish ! your wife and you took a nice picture.

Here's the one Tom landed,good netting job Bob'r down!It was a great weekend with lots of food( crab,fish & more crab)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts