IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well for the second year in a row I ended up with two "mounter" blacktails and I feel very fortunate. I drew a unit-wide 615 so had two tags. I had sacrificed my archery elk hunting, and lots of salmon fishing and other fun stuff to prepare for deer season, and I am super thankful to so many people who continue to help me. The season started off with me finding my dream buck from the prior year showing up and acting very very killable, then I was watching live trail cam cell pics of him when he got shot with a rifle. I had groomed that spot for two years to finally get bucks using it regularly, but that's the way it goes sometimes, and that's hunting. Lot's of uncontrollables and that's part of the journey each season. Good people encouraged me to keep trying and good things happened eventually. I especially want to thank Justin Kasmeyer for the encouragement and advice, and all the people that allow me to bounce ideas off of them, and share discoveries each season. Also Kevin Madison. He saw my post on ifish
asking about binocular repair and he immediately headed to my house and leant my a pair that saved my bacon! DS

Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Plant Vertebrate

Plant Carnivore Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Holey moley those are some bomber black tails.
I am guessing that luck in this case is a residue of hard work and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most excellent Dave. Impressed by your success each season. What's in the cup?
Just water lol; good old ice water. Boring I know ha ha

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Dang nice Blacktails Dave Smith!!.trying to pattern a stud mature blacktail like that is a feat of its own. They don't get that big on accident

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Wow, just wow!

Reactions: Dave Smith

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Well for the second year in a row I ended up with two "mounter" blacktails and I feel very fortunate. I drew a unit-wide 615 so had two tags. I had sacrificed my archery elk hunting, and lots of salmon fishing and other fun stuff to prepare for deer season, and I am super thankful to so many people who continue to help me. The season started off with me finding my dream buck from the prior year showing up and acting very very killable, then I was watching live trail cam cell pics of him when he got shot with a rifle. I had groomed that spot for two years to finally get bucks using it regularly, but that's the way it goes sometimes, and that's hunting. Lot's of uncontrollables and that's part of the journey each season. Good people encouraged me to keep trying and good things happened eventually. I especially want to thank Justin Kasmeyer for the encouragement and advice, and all the people that allow me to bounce ideas off of them, and share discoveries each season. Also Kevin Madison. He saw my post on ifish
asking about binocular repair and he immediately headed to my house and leant my a pair that saved my bacon! DS

View attachment 968176
View attachment 968175
View attachment 968178

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Such brutes Dave Congratulations again

Reactions: Dave Smith
1 - 20 of 27 Posts