IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowrance LCX-15MT, which has an optional GPS/chartplotter built into it. All I have to buy is the antenna (LGC-12W), which is $300.

Or, for another $100, I can buy a GlobalMap 2400, they are $400. This way, I would get a second display so I would not have to split the screen, or turn the sonar off to use the gps. The GlobalMap comes with the same antenna as the X-15 uses. Additional cost aside, the only disadvantage I can see to buying the 2400 is that I will clutter up the dash a bit.

Any thoughts out there? Does anybody use the 2400 and have any input? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Empire,
I would go for the extra unit. Always good to have a backup. If your main unit ff/gps goes haywire then you still have a gps unit with waypoints saved to help you out. These new electronics are really great. But the learing curve to realize full potential of the unit is wide. I have many buddies who still run their units on automatic. They just won't take time to read the instructions and practice with their new toys. I'm a firm believer to copy your instruction manual, keep a copy in your boat, one in your car and the original at home next to your easy chair. IMHO

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I would get the upgrade, I have the X15 w/gps it is a great unit, you can have split screens and it really helps when you want to line up on a good hole. They both use the same software so you arn't getting anymore data it also cuts down on the dash clutter, if you want a backup get a handheld.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts