IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Custom Weld inboard jet with a Vortec 350 330 HP I installed a Lowrance LCX 27 C GPS/ FF unit and looking into a fuel management system installation. Lowrance offers a NEMA Fuel Flow Managment system to measure GPH usage. Does the Lowrance NEMA system have a totalizer that can be reset when tank is filled? Anyone use this accessory from Lowrance?

Anyone use the Floscan system? They are spendy but I heard they are very accurate. Any information based on experience of either system would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a new Custom Weld inboard jet with a Vortec 350 330 HP I installed a Lowrance LCX 27 C GPS/ FF unit and looking into a fuel management system installation. Lowrance offers a NEMA Fuel Flow Managment system to measure GPH usage. Does the Lowrance NEMA system have a totalizer that can be reset when tank is filled? Anyone use this accessory from Lowrance?

Anyone use the Floscan system? They are spendy but I heard they are very accurate. Any information based on experience of either system would be appreciated.

thanks
Unfortunately I have not heard of the Lowrance fuel flow meter working with a fuel injected engine since it needs to have 2 sensors (it only has one), one for the main line and one for the return line. The people that I have talked to with the Floscan systems have been really happy with them and said they were worth the money.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Since your engine is fuel injected, you need to have two sensors as bigcss said because you have a return line.

The Floscan is worth every penny and customer service is top notch. I have a 9000 series in mine and yes it's pretty accurate. It helps find that sweet spot where fuel ecomomy and speed meet.

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
HiTekRdNek has one on his Striper. Its usually within a couple gallons after buring 60 or 70 and he's got throttle body fuel injection. And it does have a total burned, G/H and fuel remaining displayed on the LMS337

1 - 4 of 4 Posts