IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowrance X85 depth finder, I love it, when it works!!!! I got in the water yesteday and plugged it in, zippo! Bobby and I tinkered with it a bit after the sun came up and found that the power cord appeared to be burnt or damaged somehow. We had to do the old drop the anchor and guess how many feet it went down thing.

I went to Joes after the trip and wanted to plug it in to the display and see if it at least powered up. They didn't have anything that worked for my unit. They didn't sell a new power cord assembly either. I have contacted Lowrance but received no reply as of yet. Do any of you wise sages have some ideas or advice? Thanks

Oh, TEAM CARROT MILK representin'!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Try soaking it in carrot milk!!!!

No really, if the end that plugs into the unit is undamaged try cutting it and attaching a new cable. If the end is damaged, try asking your wife for a new one!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
ZaQ I had apower cord Issue last Fall. I also contacted Lowrance Via Email and they responded with-in a week or so. I was begining to think It was not going to work they gave me the Info. I needed to contact the correct person to get my unit repaired. I ended up sending my unit in and 2 weeks later it Arrived good as new with only a 12.00 charge for shipping. I can not remeber the phone # I had it stored on my puter and my Hard Drive crashed :depressed:

PS I have 2 new blanks I would like wrapped before the Fall really pic's up. I will contact later on and we can hopefully work out some details.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will await the reply from Lowrance. In the meantime, Bobby, practice your rope measuring....... :sick:

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
I've found their 800 number customer service is very helpful. They provide tests you can do to isolate the problem before they break out the drastic actions. Last time they just mailed me a new cable, no questions asked.

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
Cabela's has a good supply of hookup cables. If the problem is in the basic connection, that may help.

Sad to say, I have not had good luck with my last 3 Lowrance/Eagle products. My current unit is starting to have transducer issues...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Zaq, Pete is exactly right. We had some problems with our X-15 and we called them and sent us a new cord no questions asked. I can't find their number either, but you could call information and call them. It might be faster. They are in the Tulsa, OK area. I think it is actually somthing like Skully, OK or something.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Lowrance phone number 800 324 1356. If you can take the time to stay on the line and talk to a tech, they will do most anything to make you happy.
TV

·
Registered
662 Posts
If it has the gray connector on the end of the plug, I have a spare.....yours for the taking.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Zaq, that line is fused from that battery and should have popped before that kind of damage happened. I think if it burned or melted, something else did it, unless it's the wrong fuse.

Corrosion was always a problem with the connector. Might be time for a replacement, but you can probably renew the connections with a small drill bit of the right size, just to clean it up.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the fuse is fine. Corrosion is definately the issue. I am emailing with Lowrance. Thanks all for the help!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
get your boat where you can call lowrance diret on your cell phone and they will walk you thru any problem
get the 800 n0. from pro bass or cabella I use this for all my instruments with all diff cos.
and they are happy to help a good way to learn how to use gps.
write it down as you go

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sad to say, I have not had good luck with my last 3 Lowrance/Eagle products. My current unit is starting to have transducer issues...
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I agree, my Eagle 240 is acting up(bottomless bottom at times) and its less than a year old. Also during springer season the trans. broke off after hitting a twig(epoxy). I may go to Garmin next time around.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
We are having the same problem with our X-15. The transducer hasn't moved but it loses bottom all the time. Been talking to Lowrance about the problem.

Besides not having the mapping feature which is awesome, I think the LMS-350A was a much better machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts