IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the webpage updates up and running, I had a little time to chase some springers this weekend..

I have good news and bad news..

The bad news is that the river is dropping and the water temps are rising.. usually not a good combo :depressed:

However, we got up extra early.. and drove down to GB at o'dark thirty.. and caught fish!

We were able to locate a favorite spot at Elephant Rock.. with about 25+ other boats.. who were also there to fish the huge incoming tide.. but with the big dredge working and a huge moon for most of the week.. things have slowed down!

We started off with a nice 12# for my brother in law Joe, who had never landed a springer chinook

Boy it was cold!

Dad was able to get into the action about 30 minutes later with a nice #21 pound hatchery fish!

And Joe's limit for the day was capped off with this #15 pounder.

Only saw three other fish caught, all in our line.

We started to battle the moss and weeds, especially when the tour boats started up.. not fun.. and when the wind came up about 1pm we headed out... but I hear the PM bite was much better

[ 05-19-2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Another good day for TH and his crew :bowdown: I am starting to see a little pattern deveolp here... oh darn another fish in the box :grin:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you are one to talk! Team Carrot ripped it up in April! I am now just tring to play catch up!
But thanks :grin: We try :grin:
Don't you just love springers!!!!

[ 05-19-2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
TH, nice job on the quality fish. You seem to have that area dialed in. i would like to try that area someday. keep em coming. :cheers:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good day! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts