IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the area just below Agness on Sunday. Hooked 9 fish between two of us and landed 5.
Nothing huge, all about 14-22 lbs. All on Roe drifted through deep stretches.
Truly God's country. Only thing better would be no cattle boats running tourists up and down the river. :grin:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I was there over the weekend.. stayed in Agness for our (wife side) family vacation!.
Lots of chinook around.. all old, but had a ball....
we fished the EARLy AM and the late PM seemed to be the perfect fish on time..

The biggest thrill was landed two wild summer run steelies over 6#.. very nice fish, both caught in the middle of the day on a homemade gold/black Bob Ball special summer run spinner.

·
Registered
135 Posts
dang wilderness permits allocated mainly to the yahoo tour boats :mad:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TH,

My boss was fishing Hotel Riffle and caught a 10lb Native Steely. Beautiful fish. Drifting roe with slinky's.

We fished next to Billy Urie for a while. He was using Large bouncing betty's and drifting roe with a 4-5 foot leader. They hooked two fish right next to us. Needless to say we switched to drifting instead of back bouncing and started nailing the fish.

Billy Urie boated a 55lb fish on Saturday in the Bay. I could use a little of that action. I also saw pic's of a 41lb'er caught just down stream from the RV Park.

I have my trailer in C8 at the RV Park until mid October. If you get back up there look me up. It's the propane tank on wheels (Argosy).

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Originally posted by wambam:
dang wilderness permits allocated mainly to the yahoo tour boats :mad:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Typical quote from someone who doesn't live there.

TR

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
hey wambam
what was that comment about?

Anyway!

We were BB eggs early in the AM.. like right at daybreak
we hooked countles.. and landed not as many :smile:
probably 12 on Sat.
All of the fish have been in the system for sometime..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts