1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
Columbia River Action Notice
Oregon State Action
Joint State Action
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife April 22, 2003

In Joint State action the states of Oregon and Washington made no changes to the
ongoing mainstem Columbia River spring chinook sport fishery. The ongoing
fishery is as follows:
Columbia River Spring Chinook Sport Fishery
• The mainstem Columbia River remains open to angling for salmon, steelhead, and shad from
the mouth at Buoy 10 upstream to I-5 Bridge 4 days per week (Wednesday through Saturday).
• The mainstem Columbia River from I-5 Bridge upstream to Bonneville Dam remains closed to
angling for salmon, steelhead, and shad.
• No modifications were adopted for fisheries upstream of Bonneville Dam.
• Other gear and bag limit restrictions remain unchanged.
FUTURE MEETINGS
• A telephone conference call will occur tomorrow at 2 pm to discuss Select Area commercial
fisheries.
• The next Joint State Sport hearing to update spring chinook stock status, review ongoing
spring chinook sport fishery, and consider modifications to the ongoing sport fishery will occur via telephone at 3 pm Monday April 28 .
Columbia River Compact Joint Action Notice 4/22/03

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
• A telephone conference call will occur tomorrow at 2 pm to discuss Select Area commercial
fisheries.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

[ 04-23-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Fshklr,

Since these are select/terminal net pen released fisheries with the plan for no escapement for any reason, what would your suggestion be to get these returning fish out of the system? It is anticipated that a commercial fishery will catch 100%, without a commercial fishery how do you get 100% of upwards of 7,000 springers out of the select areas?

Clam

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like WA. and Or. cant agree, hope Oregon is right. :shrug:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Clamman,
thanks for setting me straight
. Unfortunately I posted before I understood the program. :blush: