IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The catching started to taper off Sun. 9/7 on the lower Columbia (Astoria). I talked to one guide tonight, and he had one fish for all day today. He also is a very good fisherman I might add. So it looks as it's a scratch fishery for now. There is still fish in the ocean, but the weather for now has changed the catching here. I think that these fish scooted up river on this weather front that's happening. I'll be giving it one last go around when the weather stabilizes...........Bobber Down

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes bobber down! You are correct! We just got home from astoria minutes ago from a all day fishing trip! One silver was the days catch!We had like 5 drive byes but they where all one hit wonders! I think those fish could pick your pockets the way they can get the bait and not the point of my sticky sharp hook! LOL! Anyway this was my last trip down and off to T-Bay and the bubble we go! Can you say Big fishy! I know where you live! LOL!....Shakerfish! ....OUT!...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fished between Warrenton and Hammond today. We put 5 nice coho in the boat and saw one other guy at the ramp with 9 fish. Fish checker said she had checked some boats with no fish. There are some fish still moving through if your in the right place and the right time I guess. We were fortunate to get in the way of a few anyway.
Baytroller

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Fished between Hammond and Warrenton today. At high slack there was a decent bite. We got 3 Coho and lost one. :grin: Starting to slow down. Off to Tillamook Bay and the Nehalem. :cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing about it though, you don't have to wait very long in the launch and take out line :grin: . The report today was a crumb better than yesterday, as stated above you have to be in the right place at the right time. It seems that the best time to get some biters (at least for me) is fish two hrs. before high water to two hrs. after high water. I get four hrs. of fishing time that way, and still work for part of a day. I live five min. from the ramp though. The guys/gals that fished today earned their fish as the afternoon wind was doing it's usual thing..............Bobber Down

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are still fish comming thru the lower Columbia. Yesterday (Thurs.) was good for catching. Today was also good for catching here in the river. They are still catching chinook in the ocean, not as many but hey. Lots of silvers. What a year!..................Bobber Down

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks much for the report. I got plans to fish over there Sunday with a fishy bunch so we'll give it a whirl. I'm dreaming of 18# coho.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I fished today (Sun.), there was a good bite this morning above the bridge Wash. side. There was also a good bite just before and during high water at the same place this afternoon. The barometer is on the drop today, so well have to see what develops............Bobber Down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts