IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy lent me his folding Buck knife at the Sollie Smith ramp on the Wilson on Thursday. I guess I left it on the beach right under the bridge because I LOST IT!!!!

It is inscibed with "HIS". It was a wedding present from his friend. His wife has a matching one that says "HERS" on it. Mark has carried it for 15 years.

It's not worth much to anyone but the owner. I would pick it up if I saw it. Obviously after 15 years it can't be duplicated.

If anyone frequent's that launch, please talk it around with others. I'll gladly offer $50 for it's return.

I feel awefull about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
GRB- put up a sign or 3 at Sollie. Odds are very good somebody would raher have the $50.00.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Good luck Bruce. A good person would find it and turn it over for free. I hope it gets returned either way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GRB sorry to hear this. Jeff and I took out after about 4 other boats that went down after you guys headed down.Wish we had found it.

Maybe put a little poster up at Tiil. Bait.

Anyway it was nice meeting you!
Good luck with the Knife.
Paul

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI,

I sent Marie an e-mail and asked her to put up a sign at her store if she would be so kind.

This was Thursday, I think I met you on Wednesday Paul (?I-Fish Hat?).

I went back Thursday PM after dark and looked it over real good with a flashlight. I saw some sign that others had been there.

I'm pretty sure someone picked it up. I would have. I'd just like to get it back if at all possible.

Thanks All

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Do I hear $55? :grin:

Seriously, I can see how you would feel bad about that, Bruce.

I think Miss B is right, someone who found it would likely gladly trade it for the $$. Just gotta get the word out.

I'd ask you how the fishing was, but really, we don't want to know why you would be using a friend's knife at the takeout. :wink:

Hope it turns up. I wouldn't take more than $25 for it. :grin:

:cheers:

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Signs up at Sollie and Tillamook Bait Thanks Marie!!

Hope talk gets around. Thanks again

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Bruce,
I'll put up a reward sign at Nestucca valley sporting goods for you in the morning as well. I'll basically put your fisrt post with your cell # on it if that will work, If you want something else on it call me asap or email me asap.

[ 10-25-2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If its a Buck lite, I have a couple of them that I got free from F&H News. I'd be willing to send one your way if it will help you get out of a jam. You could take it in and have it engraved for under $5. and you'ld be good to go.
Mikeymoto

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Bruce,

Your a stand up guy.

The knife is a "Buck Lite", short 4-5 inch blade with a black lightweight hard plastic handle.

Any way we can get a notice put up at the guide shop. Mark P is a long time friend of Pete. Anybody got Pete & Marilyns e-mail address?

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mikeymoto,

Thanks for the offer. That's really kind. I hope it will turn up. I have a feeling it will turn up in the next few weeks. If it doesn't, I will take you up on your offer.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump Sign at Guide shop too

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still Hoping

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:dance: Just got a call from someone that says he was there three weeks ago and picked up the knife at Solloie!! :dance:

He said he has it, but has to find where he left it. He's pretty sure he can get it to me (90%).

Big relief.

I hope when Mark get's it back, it'll just add to the lore of his pocket knife.

Thanks all who have been concerned...especially Fishabait.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts