IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you happen to snag my lost crab pot somewhere between Hawaii and the upstream side of the Warrenton jetty, please give me a call. My name and phone number are on the buoy. Set out in 13' of water near the shore upstream of jetty on Wednesday PM. I suspect it washed out into deep water - an expensive lesson in CR crabbing. I hope it doesn't end up in your :shrug: prop. Ray
503 972-6621

[ 08-29-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Did your pots have two black floats. I saw two black or dark colored floats just down from the sawdust pile on Saturday in about 50ft. of water. We thought they were sealions popping their heads up at first and then wondered why someone would drop them out there.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I lost mine a couple weeks ago?! It probably didn't float away though. I talked with the gal at Hammond boat ramp and she said they are hearing about dissappearing crab pots. Mine cost 75 bucks to replace. Make sure you stay within eye sight of your pots. I cannot believe people would steal them! :shrug:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
While fishing around bouy 11 yesterday there was a crabpot floating past. Got stuck in a green horns fishing gear and then in his prop. He managed to get the darn thing loose and then proceeded to set it free again to snag some one elses prop.

It had a single red bullet bouy that was submerging with each wave action that hit it. Poor soul in that read tupperware boat had the misfortune of meeting it at the end of the outgoing tide.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the notes. I hope my gear washed out rather than being picked up. The buoy will not float the pot, but the line is high quality 3/8" on a 50' lead. Buoys are the standard orange bullet with a clear jug attached. Red and yellow tape on the jug. Ray Brown and phone number on the bullet buoy. Thanks for looking out. It was set at the upstream jetty at Hammond, not Warrenton. May wash up on Clatsop spit or shores of Hong Kong. It was a poor decision to set a sport pot near that tide regardless of location (13' of water upsteam of jetty). It just isn't heavy enough. Regards. Ray Brown, NoLimit fishing out of the Possum.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I found-what I think was a crabpot at the mouth of the Warrenton boat basin. I was about 150 yards out and I was just picking up my diver,flasher, leader and two owner hooks. Down goes the rod, fish on, opps it don't feel right. Good by all gear and about 40ft of line. If that was your pot, you owe me about $25.00. Gee fishing is sure fun. CR sure has been great. Seven more days and then home to Tillamook. Anybody want some fish.My wife say's she not canning any more.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
beware of theives in that area. I won't leave pots unattended anymore. Wonder if it was taken?
I have not personally had pots stolen by friends have on numerous occasions. Sorry to hear you lost one. Hope it turns up.
GBS

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
When I got checked out there last year by the OSP they said they had been planting pots in the hopes of catching gear thieves. IMHO, I think they were just getting paid for crabbing. The thought was nice, though. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts