IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my clients this week left this in my boat and I want to return it. I think that he called it his,"Rogue or Wind river special" If you are out there and recognize this please call me so I can return it to you. If you recognize the rig and know it's owner please let me know so I can return it.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Uh- Ya - Right
:mad: :tongue:
:hoboy:

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
Looks like about 3' of 15 lb Ultra Green, a small red bead and a 2/0 Gami tied with an egg loop. (just a guess)

Obviously the bait of eggs has been cleaned off.

What seems to be the prob Grant?

I've used a rig very similar in the past for steelhead and salmon.

For that to be a Rogue River Special, it would need to be at least 8' long with heavier line.

I would think and experienced guide like yourself (with moderately poor equipment) would recognize something like that.

Do you only recognize stuff that hangs under a bobber? :laugh:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey thats mine! When the water is low and clear and up around 60 and the springers don't seem to be going after bait it seems I can get them every time on this down at the stayton dam.Go figure.

It must be how it resembles a single egg. About the hook, springers have big mouths, right? :laugh:

The only thing that bothers me about this riggin' is that now Grant has let my low water special out and now everyone is going to be using it. :grin:
Thanks alot Grant.

Grant, Have you still been hitting the N.Sant? How have things been, I've haven't fished it in about 3 weeks but I've been over to the South a few times and got a couple but nothing spectacular. Been fishin' off the bank on the south though.

Funny post, Later Geoff

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Grant it looks like one of your old wiley creek hole rigs. It doesn't look familiar to you because the lead pencil wrap fell off the shank :blush:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, you must be thinking of someone else because we never snagged any fish at Wiley. That was before flossing or lining was even a word.

Remember, we were not using pencil lead on our hooks, we used 8 foot, 6lb leaders and the smalled corkie that we could find. Back then, the color of you corkie made a difference.

Nope, the leader in that picture is to short to be mine.

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
Hey Pencil lead around the hook shank...
That's what Grant was taking off his drift rods. Said something about it being a "Grey Hackle"... said he learned it in Alaska or something.

I was trying to figure out why he asked if I had experience in netting fish that came in tail first.

:hoboy: It all makes sense now. Grant you should be ashamed

Wait til I tell Scott :shocked:

:laugh: :dance: :laugh:

(I hope you all know I'm kidding)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I was just talking with Gramps yesterday....he said that they flat out killed em' on the Rogue two weeks ago..with that rig. size 1 hook...3mm beads...ruby red, lemon, bright green...with a 6 foot leader..a swivel placed at 3 feet...and a 4 inch dropper...with 1 ounce of lead. I asked about the color combo's and he said just 2 beads max...and it didn't matter what color's where combined together. I figure I'll give it a try this weekend on the Washougal...can't do any worse than I've been doing!!!!!!!!! :depressed:

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
Hey Willie Rower,

Could you please e-mail me privately and carefully explain "flossoramma"? :shrug:

Good meeting you the other day.

·
Registered
993 Posts
GRANT I KNOW YOU HAVENT BEEN AT THIS GUIDE STUFF LONG SO I WILL HELP YOU OUT THATS A LAME HOOK WEEK LINE LOOKS LIKE A GOOD EGGLOOP GOOD LOOKING BEAD USED FOR FISHING HOPE THAT HELPS YOU :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :grin:

oh sorry i yelled :grin:

[ 06-27-2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Get Bent Tackle ]

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
GRB,

That set up with just a hook and a bead looks like something the guys up the river from where I saw you would use to "induce" a bite from a lock jawed fish.

Though the leader, hook and bead could be a back bouncing leader with the spinning drift bobber missing :shrug: ...................

If you want to see what I mean by flossorama, you need to make your way up to Wiley Creek some day............................

Nice meeting you on the river also. How did you guys do? We ended up with 1 steelhead that was a solid 15lbs. My buddies 9 yr old son landed it. He also caught a wild rainbow that was 22"+ and weighed around 3 lbs. Biggest rainbow Ive seen west of the Cascades.......

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GRB, in your terms. Flossorama means "The Flossery" As in, "I went to The Flossery today and got a 35lber." Does that help?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott, you are so computer illiterate. Who told you that you were yelling? Anyway, since when is 10 years guiding new to the business? I suppose that it is like you are just new to the rod building and tackle business?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts