IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ifishers,
We were sturgeon fishing a couple of weeks ago up by Mult Falls area, and lost our complete setup. IT has a smaller orange float, 300 feet of rope and the anchor.
If anyone found this, I would sure appreciate it's return. I did not have my name on it, which was dumb, so nobody could have found me to return it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
It wouldn't have helped if you had your name and number on it. They would have just called you and said thanks for the setup. :mad:

I had that happen to me when crabbing. I had my pots well marked and all the guy did is call me and say thanks for the pot and rope. :mad:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
PitchPocket,

Ok, I'll bite, how did you lose your entire setup?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I'm dying to hear the story but I can guess.

Guy in a little boat asks me to pull up his anchor for him. Current is so strong, he can barely go upriver in his boat.

OK...I say...toss it in the water and I'll pick it up.

I'll never forget the look on his face. He tosses the wad of rope and it goes down and takes the ball with it.

Brion

[ 07-03-2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Small ball, fast water. Where did my ball go????
I see salespersons selling to small of balls for anchor pullers for the Columbia all the time. :depressed:
It really a shame it happens to nice people who don't know any better.
st

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I lost my entire system a few weeks back just below the Camas marina on the washington side. Got hung up on something SOLID!!! Damn nerve wrecking trying to pull a stuck anchor. I had the large ball with a 32# anchor and lost everything. While I was busy trying to pull the stuck anchor the ball got sucked just far enough under the water that we couldnt get to it to cut the rope on the under side. Major bummer!! Ended up cutting the rope and calling it a day. Better safe than sorry. Oh, 21' TJ with a EFI 350. I can only guess that I hung up on an old cable or something.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well to those of you smarty pants, who of course never have anything go wrong when fishing, because you are just too cool: :mad: I lost $130 here and don't need the opinions of do gooders. The water was running really hard and the ball was too small, ok! Simple as that. WE cut loose with a fish, and down she went. Lesson learned. I just thought I would try to get the word out and hope that maybe some honest Joe found it. :shrug:

[ 07-05-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Salmonking,

I think you've got it backwards. It's not that we don't make mistakes...it's that we've made all the mistakes already <grin>>

Brion

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I don't think your alone a buddy of mine was fishing up at the fishery and he went to pull his anchor and the ball went under and did not come up but the boat didn't bog down eather he had hooked another anchor And gave it to me for when I get my boat, could you describ how the anchor looked as this one was different from most I have seen. their was no rope on it and it was rusted real bad we figur it must have been down for years. cheers Rich P.S. I sand blasted it and painter it with silve hammerite paint :dance:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
gottafish,

That could be ours...doing the GI Joes Sturgeon tourney we go to re-anchor...hmmm...seems stuck..the captain tries a technique he calls "firewalling"...ie full throttle.

Worked...sort of...snapped the anchor chain.

We ran into the Fisherie and got another one for $100 bucks.

I wonder how many anchors are down. Probably looks like an artificial reef.

Brion

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
This one had a intact anchor chain and about 20'' of rope on it and a big wad of mono line all wrapped around it. I'll bet there are a bunch of boat down there to wish I could pull on up :dance: Still looking for a boat to go with that anchor :laugh:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Do any of you have a break-away type setup in your anchors?? Some were saying they get hung and can't pull them out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts