IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see it was 76 the last time I saw this. I was just a rock shirt wearing punk but I do rember a long waiting list for a job at mcdonalds and if my memorie serves me correctly my parents were paying $800 a month on a 65000 loan while my mom drove a honda cvc and my dad took the moped to work and we were living large.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Lets see it was 76 the last time I saw this. I was just a rock shirt wearing punk but I do rember a long waiting list for a job at mcdonalds and if my memorie serves me correctly my parents were paying $800 a month on a 65000 loan while my mom drove a honda cvc and my dad took the moped to work and we were living large.
? what ? :shrug: Whats a Loony?

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Same for the Euro, good time to stay home and sell on ebay.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The Canadian dollar has a picture of a Loon. That is why they call it a Looney or Loony. Now if the USA comes out with a dollar coin w/ Bush on it just think what it will be called.

·
Banned
2,008 Posts
The Canadian dollar has a picture of a Loon. That is why they call it a Looney or Loony. Now if the USA comes out with a dollar coin w/ Bush on it just think what it will be called.
Wouldnt matter. Him meeting one of the requirements for being on a coin would be good enough for me.

·
The Mods Must Be Crazy!
24,995 Posts
Re: Loonie worth a dollar

A strong Canadian economy coupled with an international shrinkage in the USD has brought the Loonie in brief parity (momentarily passing it) with the USD.

As uhmw pointed out, it's been 31 years since this happened. Certainly something to be concerned about, as far as the strength of the USD.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
A strong Loonie means travel to the US is more attractive to our northern neighbors.

We'll likely see a steady stream of mooching rods heading south to get a taste of Columbia River fishing and load up on cheap Amercan beer and tobacco giving rural river communities here an economic boost......oh, that's right, the premier chinook fishery is closed in favor of gillnets. :passout:

·
Registered
23,889 Posts
the snowbirds will be happy this winter

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I remember as a kid using Canadian coins all the time. They were generally accepted in Washington.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts