IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally settled on 1, And not to disappointed on waiting. 97 F350 CC Diesel 4x4:meme: Wondering how many Ifishers have one, and how they like them? Also wondering what I should be accepting as normal. MPG that's up and down? What parts need to be replaced when, how often? Thanks for all the great info, good or bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Congrats!

Looks like a nice one from that photo.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've had 2 (92 & 96)w/460's and they were both awsome rigs. I only got 10.5 but that was gas.

My brother-in-law still has one of them in MN and it's pushing 300k.

Looks like you already have the upgraded Warn locking hubs. The autolocking hub tend to have issues. The fender mounted solenoid and the in tank fuel pumps tend to go out. :twocents:

Nice looking truck :cheers:

·
Registered
511 Posts
son in law has a 97 diesel it gets 17 mpg they do a good job towing and i have 2001 ford crew cab with a v 10 get about 9 mpg but it can tow a lot :yay:

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Goto thedieselstop.com and enjoy a lifetime of reading.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
...My brother-in-law still has one of them in MN and it's pushing 300k...
:bigshock: I thought that the salt and rust would eat a truck up in 6 months time back in Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Watch out when going to the gas station. Some times those attendants don't pay close enough attention and will try to put Gas in the tank instead of Diesel. :bigshock:
That is extreamly bad for the engines. Fortunately, I've always caught them in time. However, I have a friend that didnt'. $2000 later the engine still doesn't run right.

Great truck! Congrats!!!

·
Banned
120 Posts
Watch out when going to the gas station. Some times those attendants don't pay close enough attention and will try to put Gas in the tank instead of Diesel. :bigshock:
That is extreamly bad for the engines. Fortunately, I've always caught them in time. However, I have a friend that didnt'. $2000 later the engine still doesn't run right.

Great truck! Congrats!!!
you guys have attendants at the gas station? wow!

Congrats on your new toy!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yep we cant pump our own gas in OREGON

Sometimes the PWR steering pump goes out on those heavy duty rigs. Eazy fix!

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Can pump our own gas in Oregon and New Jersey. The only two states in the nation. Guess they don't think we are quite smart enought to do it ourselves. I think the excuse those states use is that it would put people out of work. The jury is still out on that in my book.

·
Super Moderator
21,475 Posts
You can pump your own diesel. I've never had a problem doing so and I would rather do it myself. I like my paint just the way it is.:yay:

Re: the 97's, I believe you should always carry an extra crankshaft sensor?? Some else can hopefully clarify that for me.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
So when that BIG TOY grows up does it want to be a CHEVY?:dance:
DAB

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
You can pump your own diesel. I've never had a problem doing so and I would rather do it myself. I like my paint just the way it is.:yay:

Re: the 97's, I believe you should always carry an extra crankshaft sensor?? Some else can hopefully clarify that for me.
At the dealer they call is a cp sensor and carry a spare 10mm wrench to install it. Really that was the only challenge I had with my FD 7.3 it went out twice. Great truck with lots of power.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it is a 7.3, And also believe is has 410 gears, Currently getting around 14-15 mpg, probally due to foot in the injector pump. As far as towing, I need a bigger boat. And a I also need step or nerf bars. Know a good place to get a set of them? Let me know.

And as far is when the toy grows up, it want to be wait its not going to grow up.

:applause:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts