IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is coming to Portland in a few weeks for some job training, and will be staying with my wife and I for a weekend. He currently lives in Texas, and has never caught anything bigger than a 2-3 pound bass...the poor guy. So I'd love to help him get after some salmon or sturgeon, but dont have a boat (for that matter, I only have a steelhead rod too). We'd go out with a guide, but I think his $ is a bit tight, and I have a pregnant wife, so we're all trying to save a few bucks.

So, here is my humble groveling for the day... any chance someone will have a couple open seats for Saturday, October 11th? We will pay for all gas, bait, etc. Neither of us will have the right gear for fishing, so we'd need a little help there too.

Figured it was worth asking. Worst case I'll just take him to the Sandy river (hatchery action??) or somewhere on the Clack and see if we get lucky. Just figured the odds of getting him on to a big fish would be better from a boat.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Brad,

I just sent him a resounding 'maybe' depending on if he gets a better offer or the impending fatherhood. :grin:

Call me on the shoe phone about Sunday??? 516-5629

J

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redbull, I got your email...and appreciate the offer. We'll wait and see if your wife pops by then or not. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts