IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costco sized wonder dog keeps falling off the front of the new to me sled. I am looking for a heavy rubber mat that will improve the traction conditions up front. The mat I am looking for is the thick(3/4" or so) rubber jobbies you would see the dishwasher in a resturant standing on. I have also seen them on the ramps at houseboats.

Also seen them in the front of sleds. Usually to help keep the anchor from beating stuff too bad.

I figure one 4'X4' chunk should do the job.

Please help fast, the dog aint getting any lighter.

Thanks.

Mark and fatso the dog.

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Boxer-Northwest Company ... in NW Portland. It's in the phone book. I picked up a 3x5 mat for the front of my boat for about $40. It's awesome, drains well and was easy to cut to fit the front area of my boat.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Horse Trailer mats are what you are looking for. You can find them at about any feed store. Either that or coat the area with a truck bedliner coating.....

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Just about any safety supply place has cushioned floor mats (anti-fatigue mats)as well as those funky kitchen mats.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. My back thanks you. So does the dog.

Mark and the dry dock dog.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mark,

Home Depot. Has thick heavy rubber mats that have hexagon patterns in them. I've seen these mats cut up to have the holes of the hexagons hold cannon-ball sinkers, as marketed by a local aluminum boat builder. Not too expensive, look by the carpets.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Red
I've seen those mats also.They seen very good. A boat maker uses them for cannon ball. LOL wonder who. :wink:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey, Costco dog, Costco mat. Seriously, since I work there, I know for a fact that we have those rubber mats and several other options available at Costco. I'll look them up and give you specifics if you would like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts