IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not really a fishing question, but it might be. My wife and I will be looking for a nice campground in the general vicinity of Sherars Bridge in mid September. We will be retracing the route taken by my great grandmothers wagon train. IF there is any good bank fishing in the area I would love to know about that as well.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
there is camping roadside? at the falls(10 a nite?)...there is a pretty nice campground in maupin, I believe they have full hookup.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
If you stop in the town of maupin, stop at the Rainbow tavern and ask any local there if they pay the fees, and you well here "NO" as the railroad and o-dot own the land, next to the hwy, and where the bridge is where the wagon trains crossed, there is a flat gravel area there that if you want to spend the 10.00 bucks per night go for it, the tribe well love you, but again YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY.
I fish down there more than I fish on the west side, as I live over here, and I went down proubly 25 times for springer fishing, and never payed on cent.
Be shure not to park on the road/ off the road as the tribes patrol it and they are nice to let you know not to park on the road.
If you and your wife want to camp and have all the goodies, shower, tables, hop and skip to town, than for a fee, how much?? the city park is the place to be, next to the?? bed&brekfast c & D's ???
To fish, bate?? sheers bridge down to the first railroad bridge, 2 to 3 miles down stream.
At this time of year WATCH OUT FOR RATTLE SNAKES. aLONG THE BANKS AND ON THE ROCKS AND UNDER THEM TOO.
STEELHEAD 3 OTT 3 TO 4 OZ WEIGHT EGGS, BLUE FOXS.
NOOKS SPIN & GLOWS MARIE STICKY SHRIMP SCENT,
GO 30 pound main, swivel 3 way or spreader, drop 4 to 5 foot, 25 pound to spin & glow.
Tuna or eggs in spawn sacks.
Good luck, P/s use this set up in the Browns hole, or Roster rock hole.
Tight Lines River-Rat.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Another person I well meet down there, given out to many tight lip spots??

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well done River Rat. That's a lot of good info. Surecatch, if you have a tent, there are many campsites from Sherar's Falls down to Mack's Canyon on the east side of the river. If you follow the gravel road along the river for about 5-10 miles (can't remember exactly), you'll come upon Beavertail Campground. Good place to tent. Not sure if they have hookups for RV's but now that I think about it, there were a lot of campers/RV's last September when I was there. I haven't caught any salmon when I've been there but usually manage to pick up a couple steelhead using #4 and #5 blue foxes and BIG redsides that look like steelhead. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts