IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all...

I am heading on up the beautiful Oregon and Washington the last weekend in June and I will be there for about 4 days.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some info as to where I could persue a salmon or three?...

I will stay in the rivers or out to sea. I am not sure when the Ocean season starts but I would very much like to get me some fresh salmon while in town. I will more than likely do a little Sturgeon as well but you can't really miss the Columbia. Its the biggest thing around and everyone knows its where to go for the big ones.

Thanks in advance for the help guys... :cheers:

Fish on...
Romeo

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
The ocean Coho will be your best bet. Limits are the rule and action should be plentiful. Anytime after June 21st will be legal. You could always do a slam and hit the ocean silvers early and back to the estuary for some sturgie action in the afternoon when the wind picks up

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tacklebuster...
Any recommendations for a good guide out of either Ilwaco or somewhere down on the Oregon Coast?... No Further south than say Newport or Lincoln City. (Spelling) I would really like a shot at it. Since I wont have a boat at my disposal but then again who knows...

Thanks once again for the help... Any others?.. Info is always welcome.

Romeo

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
FishaholicAZ - If you want to go out of the CR, give Gene at Tackle Time a call. Ocean opens up North (CR- Leadbetter to Falcon) on the 29th of June. Tackle time is an ifish Charter- see the front page. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts