IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hit the Tucca lately? Tidewater should be kicing off any time now. The cooler weather and better tides, hopefully brought in some fish. I'm thinking about hitting it in the next day or two.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I went a week ago and it was dead. No fish even hooked at the bridge, ramp, guard rail. Water is still too warm. We need a couple of weeks of cooler weather to kick it off.

SKP

·
Registered
13,861 Posts
Right river. Wrong place. Wrong fish.

If we get 3 days of cool weather and rain, hit the steelies in the riffles. They will be on if the water cools to 60 degrees.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Went for a drive today just to check things out and stopped by the boat ramp in PC for a little while. I was told of one fish being caught at low tide in the early am but that was it. Didnt see anything else going on there at all for about 1o guys. Went by the mouth of 3 rivers and the steelies are still there as well as a bunch of old springers rolling around. Fished some of the faster water around there and couldnt find any biters. Went back to PC to see if anything was happening at high tide and almost everyone had left. Decided to head home after that. Soon as we hit 101 and headed back towards Hebo I saw something that caught my eye running up the hill about 25 yards behind a little house. It was a really good looking, Im guessing about #100 absolutely perfect looking black BEAR! It was a shock to say the least to see it that close to a house and have it stop and turn to look at us as we went by. Wish I could have gotten a pic but it was too fast. Only the second bear I have ever seen in the wild.

Stoped by the hatchery and helped them take springers out of the trap that they are going to spawn out soon. Also got to turn in a couple realy stupid poachers. Bonking steelhead right at the Cedar Creek fish block thing. Went to the ranger station called it in and waited around for about 2 hrs keeping the guys from taking the fish by just watching em and staying around. No inforcment showed up at all. Kinda disapointing but I guess they must have been busy elsewhere. Gave them the plate numbers and all. :shrug: Wish there was more I could have done. I think Ill be taking a video cammera whenever we go out like that again.

Hope the Nooks start comming in soon. This rain should pick things up within the next week I think.

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts