IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As you can see my name is Scott and I hail from Oregon City. I've been reintroduced to my love of fishing by a buddy I met in the last couple of years. He has taken me on various salmon and sturgeon trips. I love fishing the fall run and springers.

In my non fishing time I am a cubmaster of a cub scout group in Oregon City and I am also a member of the local American Legion post. (6 years in the navy)

I've been lurking on the board for awhile now and all the information is great. I was hoping to get some help finding a couple of seats on a tuna trip.

My dad (age 63) has been saying he would love to take a tuna trip for at least the last 10 years or so to me and I have just kept putting it off. Well, to make a long story short I can't put it off anymore. My dad has the early stages of emphyzema and gets winded very easily. The longer I wait to take him will just mean that the trip won't be as enjoyable for both if us. I know it's nearing the end of the season but I was hoping to find a boat to take us (personal or charter) I just need them to be understanding that he won't be able to pitch in on some of the physical work in his condition (I will do whatever it takes)

I was looking at going with a licensed charter captain out of newport but he only takes groups of 4 and I haven't been able to fill out a full party (and I've been trying for two weeks now)

We can certainly pay our share of things.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction of a good guide / charter that might still have openings I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Definitely take Maverick up on his open seats. He's one of the best captains EVER, and short of a typhoon, his boat will handle anything. He's a great guy, a great captain, and a great fisherman. Your dad will be comfortable and safe on his boat.

Maverick has two open seats for Saturday. Awesome boat and great captain!

Here's the link to his post:
http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=164991

1 - 3 of 3 Posts