IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repeating an earlier request.... my brother will be in town this weekend from Texas, and I'd like to take him fishing to try to get him into some good fish. He's never caught anything bigger than mediocre bass in fresh water, and I wanted to introduce him to salmon, steelhead or sturgeon.

Neither of us will have the appropriate fishing gear, but I can probably borrow some from a friend easily enough. And while he has never done this, I have a bit of working knowledge of the riggings, though will probably still need to see it done the first time.

He and I will gladly pay for gas, bait, etc. Please let me know if you plan on going out on Saturday and have room for a couple rookies.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I might be able to help. My fishing partners are engaged in other activities this weekend so I may be up for you Texans. I have one thing that has my curiosity a-tickin.....

You posted this:
"Neither of us will have the appropriate fishing gear, but I can probably borrow some from a friend easily enough. And while he has never done this, I have a bit of working knowledge of the riggings, though will probably still need to see it done the first time."

Yet your an IFISH NATE with like 2000 posts, whats up with that????? :wink:

Shoot me an email about this Saturday.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Cool Tex is just being politely modest. I've seen posts with pics of him holding some respectible looking fish!! :cool:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZaQ, as Vinny has mentioned, yes, I have caught fish around here. Just not equipped for salmon/sturgeon on the big river. I have a steelhead setup which has seen action....though it is good and dusty right now since I dont have a lot of free time for fishing these days (work by day, school by night).

Slayer, my brother will be in from Friday till sometime around the middle of next week...but during the week he will involved in work training stuff....so Saturday is it.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I can vouch for the texan, his wife makes a mean
blackberry pie. What that has to do with fishing knowlege I have no idea! :grin: Jeff, you're welcome to borrow some of my gear anytime, so let me know.
GBS

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Come on now, somebody give cooltexan a ride! His wife is with child and soon he'll spend his spare time changing diapers instead of kwikfish. :grin:
He needs this, big time!
Good luck Jeff, give me a report if you make it out.
GBS

[ 10-09-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Cool Texan, sent you a message, I'm gonna look for a few sturgeon saturday up near horsetail falls if you are interested.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chum,

Got your email. I've got an offer from Zaq to fish out at the coast (Nehalem jaws area)...but the weather may be an issue there. Not sure if I'll hear back from Zaq today, or if it will be in the morning before I hear back from him. Can I get back to you then about Saturday?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts