IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
16,715 Posts
Bobber, you have already had an offer from Fishon. I know it's easy for me to say this now that I am in Texas, but I would bet that if you planned for pizzas, a vat of chili and several Yetis full of adult and soft beverages on a Saturday with some games on the radio, you could have an Amish/Ifish barn raising. Honestly, if I were still somewhere in the Northwest I would sure come and join in on an event like this. In fact, I would not miss a chance to rub shoulders and banter with fellow iFishers while accomplishing something positive for one of our gang.
As long as you had your site prepped, good plans and your list of materials on hand, I bet you would be just plumb tickled with the result, and everyone would go home tired but with smiles on their faces.

· Registered
tuners, steeltrouts, lings, anything goes
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Bobber, you have already had an offer from Fishon. I know it's easy for me to say this now that I am in Texas, but I would bet that if you planned for pizzas, a vat of chili and several Yetis full of adult and soft beverages on a Saturday with some games on the radio, you could have an Amish/Ifish barn raising. Honestly, if I were still somewhere in the Northwest I would sure come and join in on an event like this. In fact, I would not miss a chance to rub shoulders and banter with fellow iFishers while accomplishing something positive for one of our gang.
As long as you had your site prepped, good plans and your list of materials on hand, I bet you would be just plumb tickled with the result, and everyone would go home tired but with smiles on their faces.
We Pm'd a bit. He's in Albany which I think puts it a bit out of reach.

· Registered
3,830 Posts
I had a guy build me one. This was about 12 years ago, but an 8X10 with two windows cost me around $1200-$1400. It was a rad shed, it took him and his wife about 6 hours to complete, and performed flawlessly for the few years I owned it. It sold with the house in 2015. Man, I miss that shed.......
I remember that shed...LOL

· Registered
177 Posts
Buying a framing nailer and reselling after was the best thing I did. That and using standard dimensions of the lumber. I went 12 x 16' made a 4' wide door and used a cleat for the handle (I shamelessly got that idea from the Englund's store in Astoria). I didn't do windows but we were throwing away a bunch of plexiglass at work so the entire rear gable lets light in.

I’m from the build it your self camp.
I scoured around for my lumber in an effort to save a few bucks and ended up building this shed for about 2/3 of the cost of a prefab unit.
Just make it easy on your self and keep the shed dimensions with in basic framing configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Buying a framing nailer and reselling after was the best thing I did. That and using standard dimensions of the lumber. I went 12 x 16' made a 4' wide door and used a cleat for the handle (I shamelessly got that idea from the Englund's store in Astoria). I didn't do windows but we were throwing away a bunch of plexiglass at work so the entire rear gable lets light in.
I bought the harbor fright nailer with one of their 25% off sales... they asked if I wanted the extended warranty past the 90 days. I said "nope, just needs to get me through the next few weeks". I just work on the shed in the evenings when I have time. With my deer tag filled, and the river closed, think I will finish this weekend. But best $70 I spent on the project!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts