IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Depending on your timeline, late spring Lowe's does end of model year, and display models are pretty cheap. They deliver and put where you want it already built... But, this assumes you would be willing to wait 6 months, and that you are able to have a shed delivered. My brother did it and he loves it. I am currently building my own 10x14 because no way to get a pre-built one in my backyard, and didn't want to pay for a kitted one.

My father in law had the Costco one put in, he loves it so far. 10x12 I believe.

My wife said I could buy the boat if a shed followed... this summer has been making the shed, almost there! (with a happy wife, and a boat)

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Buying a framing nailer and reselling after was the best thing I did. That and using standard dimensions of the lumber. I went 12 x 16' made a 4' wide door and used a cleat for the handle (I shamelessly got that idea from the Englund's store in Astoria). I didn't do windows but we were throwing away a bunch of plexiglass at work so the entire rear gable lets light in.
I bought the harbor fright nailer with one of their 25% off sales... they asked if I wanted the extended warranty past the 90 days. I said "nope, just needs to get me through the next few weeks". I just work on the shed in the evenings when I have time. With my deer tag filled, and the river closed, think I will finish this weekend. But best $70 I spent on the project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts