IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an 18\' used sled

I stoped and looked at this sled for sale over here in Bend Or today.
18 foot console 150 force motor, 8hp kicker
there is no pump.
The boat looks real good no dents, it is painted cameo?? all of it.
No seats(none)
They are asking 8000.00
Could'nt find a make on the boat.
"O" yea, the inside is none skid, like you put in the bed of a pick up??
COULD THIS BE WORTH 8K?????
Thanks River-Rat.

[ 09-16-2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: WaterDog ]

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: Looking at an 18\' used sled

I've looked a lot at sleds and they don't come cheap. After all was said and done you'd probably have to spend as much as the boats offered in the trader. There is a Willie open sled with a top, 4 seats yada yada (Nicely equipped) for $13,500 without kicker. There is another with a bimini for $11k. Also Look at Drachir's 16 foot sled in the Boat's and Tackle classified board. He wants $5500 without motor. I really wish I had the money to step up and buy it.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

Personally, that sounds a little stiff for my liking. Considering that paint, Force motor, and no seats, that's a lot of upgrades unless you can live with it. For $8000 you can score yourself one hell of a well-equipped fishing boat. Just check out a Boat Trader and that might help firm up your decision.

Good luck.

·
Registered
543 Posts

It took me a year to find the exact sled I wanted. I wanted a used sled that was loaded with all of the bells and whistles. Take your time. I don't regret the wait.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts

It sounds very high. But it may be something that I am not seeing in my minds eye.

That said, I lived in Bend for 4 years. Sleds there are much more expensive than here in the metro area. If you are serious about buying, I would line up a weekend of shopping on the West side of the mountains. Much better selection and better prices to boot! :dance:

Stevens Marine and Willie boats both have used boats. I was in the Tigard Stevens yesterday, and they have pretty much what you have described in several forms. You may want to call there. Chad is who I have dealt with and I am very pleased with the overall experience.

If nothing else, you get to look at a bunch of boats that fit your criteria. And I promise you will come away from it with more knowledge than you started with.

Tell 'em Mark and the dog sent ya.

MATD.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

I would pass just because of the Force motor alone. Rhino lining on the inside? No seats? Hows the trailer? And you cannot tell what brand it is? What if you have to sell it? What are YOU gonna tell folks? $8000!!!!!!! To mucho dinero bro. Keep looking.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hay Thanks Guys

I am going to come over ??? this weekend and hit the Sandy for a couple of hours and than go see what out there on my old side of town TIGARD.
And see what else is out there, Again Thanks
River-Rat.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Look at boats and tackle for sale on the board I have a nice 1990 Weldcraft 18' 1991 Marner 100HP 9.9 Merc kicker check it out or call me Troy 971-563-1874

1 - 8 of 8 Posts