IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to the Longview area for salmon/steelhead. How has the fishing been? What are people using? How deep of water?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Was slow last weekend, see mouth of Cowlitz post. Also check post- how to make a small salmon look big - picture of my boy with a Salmon from last weekend at mouth of Kalama.

One guy had 3 fish on at Cowlitz, 7 ft of water, using orange flat fish U-20 with spots. The fish we caught Saturday was in 17 ft of water, Silver flat fish U-20 with red top. The guy next to us that had a nice Salmon on was using a Alvin wobbler.

Be carefull using the Cowlitz gerhart ramp, sand has filled most of the area and some areas of the normal route to the columbia are very shallow.

Good Luck -hope this helps, let us know if the fishing improves. 2 year old birthday this weekend so no fishing for me. Maybe next weekend. -Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got there this morning at 5:30....not many in the parking lot...asked a guy, said it has been decent. We got out, anchored up and watched about a dozen or more steelhead be caught.
THen we moved to deeper water..marked alot of fish...no luck for us, weather was changing, barometer was lowering, I think bite went off. Most stlhd were caught on flo red U-20's of course...and in the deeper water, spinners and Alvins seemed to be the main offerings.
We did notice most of the fish in the deeper spot we anchored in, seemed to be suspended. Depth was 31ft, fish were from 10 to 20ft suspended. Also some large fish symbols on the bottom. Couple other boats near us in deeper spot confirmed the suspended fish..they were seeing same as us. Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts