IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Dollar Store near the Longview/Kelso border last night and found lots of Lemon Joy non-ultra.
Have not found it on store shelves in a few years so I thought I would let you know.
_

· Registered
963 Posts
Alright....
Whats the beef with the "ultra"? Because that's what I've been using...
I was thinking super concentrated would be a good thing for scrubbing plugs? Does it have some fish inhibiting mojo in it?
Because if so, that must be why I dont put up numbers like Bob Toman:wink:
:grin:

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Alright....
Whats the beef with the "ultra"? Because that's what I've been using...
I was thinking super concentrated would be a good thing for scrubbing plugs? Does it have some fish inhibiting mojo in it?
Because if so, that must be why I dont put up numbers like Bob Toman:wink:
:grin:
They both catch fish. I've tagged over 30 fish with ultra.

· Registered
3,786 Posts
You know we used to worry about washing them every year until about three years ago when a guide anchored right beside us. I noticed the guide and his clients were putting their hands all over the wobblers and not one of them was worried in the least. Their boat must have gotten 20 take-downs that day, they were hot! I asked the guide about it and he said to not worry about it with falls but with springers he was much more careful. Since that time I have never worried about it and we seem to do as well as anyone else. At times we will add a drop or two of scent and that's about all. Most impt it seems with the falls is where you are at, get on a good line and you will hit em washed or not!

RM

· Registered
10,935 Posts
Yeah, are you guys washing up after your trip or washing them just before fishing with them?

I wash my hands before handling gear, and clean lures at the end of a trip to get scent residue off them. Once I've washed my hands, I don't worry too much about the gear. I don't think which type of dish soap matters. Any dish detergent works pretty well for me. It's basic job is to cut the oils and fat soluble scents that humans emit, and any good detergent should (and in my experience does) do that fine.

I agree with the guide about fall fish not caring as much as the spring fish. I don't use scent for fall runs.

· Registered
10,527 Posts
I remember this guy named FishnXTC... he used to bathe in LJ before every fishing trip :shrug::shrug::shrug: he did catch lots of fish tho :twocents:

· Banned
98 Posts
I never wash them. Wipe residue off with shirt tail once in a while. Spay with a little WD if I remember. Generally catch as many or more than average. I don't think it matters. Correct lead line , boat position and ,presentation are the keys.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
IMO, It doesn't make a bit of difference.

Where you park your boat, what depth you fish, what water temp the CR is, and how the wobble wobbles makes all the difference....

Much like Kwikfish.

It's not the soap.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.