IFish Fishing Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
DAB loved these little guys---

:excited::bearhug::meme::flowered::dance::p:clap::wave::bowdown::flag::smash:

He will be missed. Condolonces sent out to the family and friends of this man.

Ifish will not be the same, that's for sure.

RIP DAB:angel:, you will be missed.

Chris

Chris the reason DAB loved the emoticons so much is he could say something without taking an hour to type. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Dons celebration for life will be Saturday the 20th at Good Shepherd community church in Boring Oregon at 10am. Every ifish is welcome to come celebrate Don with us.

Don would never had let us throw a party for him so now that he can't stop it were going to throw a big one.

Thanks you all again it's been the roughest week of my life I hate seeing The Boy and my wife hurt and trying to help them when I'm hurting the same is so difficult.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
DAB loved these little guys---

:excited::bearhug::meme::flowered::dance::p:clap::wave::bowdown::flag::smash:

He will be missed. Condolonces sent out to the family and friends of this man.

Ifish will not be the same, that's for sure.

RIP DAB:angel:, you will be missed.

Chris

Chris the reason DAB loved the emoticons so much is he could say something without taking an hour to type. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Dons celebration for life will be Saturday the 20th at Good Shepherd community church in Boring Oregon at 10am. Every ifish is welcome to come celebrate Don with us.

Don would never had let us throw a party for him so now that he can't stop it were going to throw a big one.

Thanks you all again it's been the roughest week of my life I hate seeing The Boy and my wife hurt and trying to help them when I'm hurting the same is so difficult.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Ryan, I'm praying for comfort to you & yours.:pray:

DAB's last post about enjoying retirement sealed the deal. When I can retire, I will!!!!!

Again, prayers to you & your family:pray:

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Ryan, I'm praying for comfort to you & yours.:pray:

DAB's last post about enjoying retirement sealed the deal. When I can retire, I will!!!!!

Again, prayers to you & your family:pray:

·
Administrator
119,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Bump for Ryan's post above, in case you missed it. He sent this to me by email:

Don's celebration of life will be at Good Shepherd Church in Boring Oregon on Saturday, September 20th at 10 AM.
All ifishers are welcome to come and celebrate!. Don loved ifish and everyone involved in it I hope see you there!
(Snip, personal)

Thank you,
Ryan, Joyce, Daniel, Linda and the rest of the family

·
Administrator
119,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Bump for Ryan's post above, in case you missed it. He sent this to me by email:

Don's celebration of life will be at Good Shepherd Church in Boring Oregon on Saturday, September 20th at 10 AM.
All ifishers are welcome to come and celebrate!. Don loved ifish and everyone involved in it I hope see you there!
(Snip, personal)

Thank you,
Ryan, Joyce, Daniel, Linda and the rest of the family

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I have a short story that demonstrates DAB's giving personality. I was inquiring on Ifish about canners. Even though we had never met, he offered to give me an extra one he had on hand. If that wasn't kind enough, he also offered to deliver it from Sandy to Oregon City. Unfortunately, I had already purchased one. I say unfortunate because I missed a golden opportunity to meet both DAB and his wife. What a kind and generous man.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Praying for you and your family. I know your faith will keep you knowing that one day you will get to see him again. Please let us know if we can do anything> So sorry for your loss. :pray:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Our family sends prayers to all of you, what a shock! I remember when we all met at Hornings Hideout back in the day and we all had such a great time. DAB will be missed.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I can't believe it. Just a few weeks ago he messaged me to see how I was doing. I saw it yesterday and responded not knowing he had passed away. Condolences to Don's family. I will offer prayers for healing and recovery. I can't imagine...

·
Registered
984 Posts
RIP DAB. Don had posted on Ifish looking for a driftboat trailer and I sent him a PM and said I had one. He said will it fit my Lavro driftboat I think. I said yes because that's what it was made for. Don made a trip over to Estacada and stopped at the house and said he wants to take a look at the trailer. We walk out back of the house and I said there it is. He said there is a driftboat on it. I laugh and said we will just slide it off and take the trailer. Don said how many dollars and I said $300 and I need you to hold the tape measure so I can build me another one. He said did you build this one and I said yes in 1981. He said why do you want a new trailer and I said well you need a trailer and I don't like painting so you get a trailer that works fine for $300 and I get a new Gav. trailer. I said we all win. LOL

Eagle1

·
Registered
16,158 Posts
Is there an obituary for DAB somewhere that I haven't found? Would love to know more.
Ryan, hope the Church of the Good Shepherd is bursting with love this morning.

·
Premium Member
30,286 Posts
Is there an obituary for DAB somewhere that I haven't found? Would love to know more.
Ryan, hope the Church of the Good Shepherd is bursting with love this morning.
I looked and looked and found no obituary. I didn't even think to ask at the memorial service. There was a very nice turn-out and, yes, our friend was truly loved. 'A very special tribute.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts