IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Long Beach for razors this weekend? I'm going on Friday & maybe Saturday.

"All three beaches opening for digging this week passed the marine toxin test with flying colors," said Ayres, noting that approximately 80 percent of the coastwide razor clam allocation is still available for harvest.

The best time to start digging for razor clams is an hour or two before low tide, said Ayres, who recommends taking a lantern for evening digs. Low evening tides during the three-day opening are:

Friday, Oct. 24; 6:29 p.m. (daylight time), -0.4
Saturday, Oct. 25; 7:16 p.m. (daylight time), -1.1
Sunday, Oct. 26; 7:03 p.m. (standard time), -1.6

love2fish

·
Registered
216 Posts
Love2fish you might want to take an extra lantern to put on your rig to be able to find it after your done digging. I forgot mine on a night dig once and it took a while to find the truck in the dark.

SL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Glowsticks work really well, just hang a couple from the rear view mirror or the antenna, learned my leason last year when it took an hour to find the truck
, didn't realize we had walked so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
glowsticks or a small LED bicycle flasher works great!! didn't have any last time, walked right past the vehicle...man it can get black out there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
L2F, I will be down for Fri Sat digging. I have been going down there for several years. If you need some help or have any questions let me know
:grin: Royalfish

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know first hand about losing my truck. I did that the last time I was down there. I walked far enough away that the remote start wouldn't work. Took about an hour to find it. :rolleyes: I like the glow stick ideam, thanks.

love2fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts