IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all week great reports. Finally my schedule allows me to fish. Fri, Sat, Sun lots of fish on the screen. No shortage of targets. But what gives, sounds as though, everyones bite, atleast from I-205 to Reed Island just dried up. Any theories, weather front maybe? Water temp has only climbed about a degree (71°) last week, and Sunday down about half of that. Tried every thing in the tackle box. Tried high and low in the water column. So lets play the game of "Whats Your Theory". Did anyone in that area have a good catching day?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
we fished govt. island low on the wash. side and didn't get touched! 3 rods for 8 hrs :shrug: i have no theory...too ****ed to think about it :mad:

on another note we did find a ghost net with a dead beaver and a few lures in it :mad: we did our best to pull the log and net up on shore and let the fish and game know about it when we left :shrug: pretty sad to see a young beaver loose its life in a deserted net. i will post the pictures when i get a chance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
fished 73 on Sat AM, very slow. one take down in the line. heard of a few caught up near the green can. went back on Sun AM, started just below 75 (green can). not much in that line, saw a few up above, moved up and still nothing. watched about 10 caught on the in-side and one on the outside. hit it again for the eve tide. 5 boats for the area, 1 fish. anyone else?

btw- did see some fish taken from the bank right there at the RV park.

[ 09-08-2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: MN Guy ]

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Haven't touched a fish since Fri.,There's a ton of fish going by there just not biteing.On my way in this morning,I talked to 15 boats and there was only 1 fish caught period !! no drive bys no nothing.I fish by Reed Isl.,I was wondering on it was going down by goverment Isl. and I-205 guess its the same.I'm thinking the change in the weather has a lot to do with it.I'm hopeing the bite picks up again before the netters go in.I've got 5 would like to get 2 -3 more if possible.
I've got Maries scent so if it picks up I'll be in fine shape.
:grin: Bob

·
Registered
806 Posts
Fished above the green can 75 and saw one fish on for outgoing tide last night. A couple of guys above us said they had a couple of drive-by's early in the PM outgoing.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I was pumped for a boat limit Saturday and was kind of dissappointed. We ended up with two out of Chinook landing but i felt really lucky after reading/hearing all the weekend reports. I really think the falling barometric pressure put off the bite on the whole river. I hope the rain doesnt make them go upriver past us. Hopefully it will turn on the bite.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I fished right above 75 both sat. and sun. We boated 2 sat. and 1 sun. and saw about 12 caught each day. Pretty slow for this area. I'll be hitting Frenchmans Wed. and Thur. I think the fishing will be better after the recent cooldown.

·
Registered
47 Posts
live update from 73....
fish on. 2 hours into it, 4 rods- 2 coho nates and 3 nooks in the box. inside, outside- it's hot everywhere.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Is there a website that lists the CR buoy locations?

Thanx
Mark

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
Previous posts:

fished 73 on Sat AM, very slow. one take down in the line. heard of a few caught up near the green can. went back on Sun AM, started just below 75 (green can).
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">
73 is just north of Woodland, WA
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">HELP!
Please! River mile 75 is near Kalama. Buoy 73 is near Dalton Point (Prindle/Mult Falls area).

So, are the references above to the river mile? or Bouy #? :whazzup:

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
There is a native coho run on the Clackamas,but it doesn't come in until Dec-Jan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Live report: Just spent 3 hours at Frenchmans this morning (from 6:30 - 9:30) on the morning tide and didn't see one fish caught from the 17 boats out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow- really? strange... I just got another call and they have 5 in the box for 3 rods. I guess the 4th back out when they saw the weather. what a day to miss. he said it's pretty hot in the line, a few boats got their 4 and are gone. not sure up by the can. and it's still pulling right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts