IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Has any one been told by a local Hewes Craft dealer in the greater portland / vancouver area
if you did not buy the boat from us we will not
work on it.
Has any one heard of this at
any other dealers? Just Wondering.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That's not uncommon among boat dealers. Some dealers take a sale out of their market area very personal. Try browns landing or north river if you have an over seas motor. Stevens, Staff Jennings, Boat Works, or Toms can handle an American motor.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Uboatcdr, How much cheaper was it buying out of the area? HJ

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
please explain why a dealer wouldnt work on a boat of there design?....this is poor business IMHO.....i know that when i buy a boat in the future hewes craft was a potential for me.....but if this is indeed true.....wouldnt even consider a purchase of this brand.

[ 08-21-2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: husker ]

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
I suspect I know who you are talking about and believe me, it may be a blessing in disguise not to have them work on your boat.

I'm gonna use that Hewes dealer up around Woodland WA. next time I need work done.

Or Gregs Marine in Garibaldi/Bay City for general Honda work.

(email me if you want more detail)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Husker, during the summer, some of the dealers get backed up a month on service work. When something breaks on my boat I don't want to wait that long. It sounds like uboatcdr found his Hewes cheaper from a dealer out of the area. If the local dealer took all service biz they could take, my service times would be a lot longer. Call me selfish, but I don't have a problem with this. There is a lot of places that will take on more service work than they can handle. That is one of the reasons why I bought a Hewes. HJ

·
Registered
816 Posts
i talked with a hewes dealer in eugene. I almost bought an alumaweld from them. The only problem was they wouldn't take the extra step to help with the registration and sales tax i would pay because I live in Washington. Needless to say I didn't buy from them. It is the dealers not the hewes boat. The dealer in woodland or kelso (not sure exact local) seemed much easier to talk with.
I will buy from them in the future.

Cartman

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've heard of this before, elsewhere; maybe not all that uncommon. Dealers either won't work on boats/motors they didn't sell, or if they take it theres no guarantee how soon you'll get it back cause their "faithfull" customers will go to the top of the service list before you do. :mad:

Have mixed feelings about this and hope I don't ever suffer through something like that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I bought a NW Jet from the dealer is question. They let it be known up front that service priority will go to boats they sold-especially in the busy season. Frankly, I viewed that as a plus when i bought the boat. I did need some initial warranty work, and they got my work done quick, even though they were busy-probably because they put their boat customers first.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did not think I would get this much responce, Don't get me wrong, Love the boat :dance: but was
surprised by the answer I got at the local dealer.
The work I had done on it, I payed for. But was told, if they knew ahead of time the boat was not
purchased at a particular dealer they would not have work on it period!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
So who is the dealer ?

[ 10-31-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Crit'r Git'r ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts