IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 15 and my dad doesnet have the time to take me that far to go bear hunting, and im not looking for peoples honey holes but just like a general area within an hour or so of tualatin where we could go for morning and evening hunts and glass some clear cuts.

greatly appreciated
Kodiak Kid

·
Registered
23,878 Posts
to complicated. but if you had you dad comment, an an area you where thinking about, near you. someone might try to arange it with your dad.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
If your time is limited, I recomend that you wait til next spring that's what I am going to do, because I just spent 3 days glassing clear cuts and berry patches near the coast. The freshest sign that I found was near thick timber with berries on the edges and in creek bottoms, or along logging roads adjacent to clear cuts with berry patches. I did not see one bear on this trip and the area is known to have a ton of bears that are very visible during the spring.

The bears are in the thick, thick, thick, stuff and I would say you need to set up a stand or blind in an area that has a ton of sign and wait one out.

Summer bears are definately tougher than spring from what I gather. This was my first bear excursion, so maybe I am just not to good at it yet:shrug:

Call an ODFW biologist and ask them where to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts