IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks to me like it is legal to use live crawfish for bait in Washington. Regs say you cant "possess or use live fish for game fish bait" but nothing about shellfish. We always did it as kids but thought I would ask to make sure.

· Registered
1,476 Posts
It looks to me like it is legal to use live crawfish for bait in Washington. Regs say you cant "possess or use live fish for game fish bait" but nothing about shellfish. We always did it as kids but thought I would ask to make sure.
Live crawfish is legal to use. Just make sure all of the live crawfish in your bait bucket meet the minimum size restriction (3 1/4 inches long, in Washington).

That being said, that's a pretty big crawfish to put on your hook... not sure whether that will hurt or help your fishing

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Live crawfish is legal to use. Just make sure all of the live crawfish in your bait bucket meet the minimum size restriction (3 1/4 inches long, in Washington).

That being said, that's a pretty big crawfish to put on your hook... not sure whether that will hurt or help your fishing
Yea, thats a problem for steelhead. 2" or less would be ideal. Big smallmouth and walleye should gobble them up though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.