IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where on the little north fork can you access some steelhead right now?? Some of my friend are going over there for maybe a weekend soon and were willing to hike, if at all possable hiking would be much more fun. Any sugestions???

Thanks, John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by hickwithaflyrod:
Where on the little north fork can you access some steelhead right now?? Some of my friend are going over there for maybe a weekend soon and were willing to hike, if at all possable hiking would be much more fun. Any sugestions???

Thanks, John
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Which Little North Fork?????? Wilson, Santiam, etc. etc.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
"Little North Fork" ALWAYS refers to "Santiam" !

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
I would try low down on the river since it is probably pretty low at this time. Some where around where it dumps into the main N. fork Santiam. The fish seem to hole up there till the rains bring the level up for the fish to make a comfortable run for it. You`ll probably have to ask permission everywhere you go, since most all of the river is private. If nothing else, try North Fork Park, about 2 miles up from hwy 22. The park has a white deer on a wooden sign at the entrance. Good luck! Fishft.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Lots of Private property... I have yet to fish it.

Hey Bill, welcome to ifish. Its customary to post a fishing story first out. I know you have some good ones. Lets hear one. And again, welcome aboard..

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Hey billsan! I spent over 40 years on the Little north fork, but never did see a 10lb rainbow! Where you been fishin? Is that the same river I came from? Yes, I was hatched outta that river, and sure miss it! Keep me informed. Fishft.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Fishfeet:
Hey billsan! I spent over 40 years on the Little north fork, but never did see a 10lb rainbow! Where you been fishin? Is that the same river I came from? Yes, I was hatched outta that river, and sure miss it! Keep me informed. Fishft.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Fishfeet:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Sandy Johnson used to feed the fish daily at the Steel bridge (same as Meyer's Bridge) and she had a whole pool of oversized trout, which migrated up and down the river. She quit because of poaching, but there are still some dandy trout in LNF. Incidentally, a friend saw a sturgeon in the LNF near Pioneer bridge in the late 1940s, but i have never seen one. The report is beyond doubt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts