IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall! Anybody been hittin` the little water in the last few days? Thinking of heading up to my old stomping grounds this coming weekend for some late summer or possible early winter steelies. Are you listening Billsan? The water must be that perfect clear green color right now, and I haven`t seen it in quite a while (homesick). Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob. :wink:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You might want to confirm this but I was up there on Monday and it was gin clear I know of 1 hook up and 1 native landed at Mill City I normaly do the bidge and its been slow, check the USGS river report for 14183000 thats Mehama now its at 22300 cfs and the level is 3.70, if you can get ahold of Bill I'm sure he can give you more info since I'm limited to the bank[thanks BOB] hope this helps.MIKE :shrug:

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Got2! River level sounds about right! Color sounds great for early morn or eve bite. Will probably be using 1/4 oz thomas gold spoons in the shallows and just plain old nightcrawler and yarn in deeper stuff. Seems to do the trick a fair amount of time. Light lines are often tight lines in those clear waters! Catchya later. Bob.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just another note I have had real good luck belive it or not on nightcrawler,second choice arrtic shimp [whole head and all] The corkie color seems to be sparkly green and yellow but dont tell anyone!!!! :wink: I'm sneekin off to the bridge at odark thirty tommarow.

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Got2! Arctic shrimp have worked for me also, in the past for summers. Do you peel the shell off first? I used to buy them whole frozen and peel them, worked fantastic! Have you tried fishing at North Santiam state park and Fishermans Bend? There are some pretty good drifts through there. Good luck mon! Bob.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Fishfeet:
Hey yall! Anybody been hittin` the little water in the last few days? Thinking of heading up to my old stomping grounds this coming weekend for some late summer or possible early winter steelies. Are you listening Billsan? The water must be that perfect clear green color right now, and I haven`t seen it in quite a while (homesick). Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob. :wink:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">The Little NAorth Fork is flowing at 90 cfs this morning, and it is pretty low and clear. Some Fall Steelhead went up to your home waters starting Oct. 12, so there are a few fish there. Most of them are still in the main North Santiam around the confluence with the LNF. I can't think of a prettier place to fish than around the old Scout Camp or North Fork Park, and there are some fish there. Good luck, and welcome home.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Went to the river this morning fished the bridge no luck went to Mill City alot of small fish and then bam got a steelie it was only 25 inches seems the fish on the small side latley and the river is starting to get that lovley green color to it. Good luck !!!

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Bill! I know the spot well! Might try and get in on a few other of my old favorites also. I`ve got an extended weekend coming up and can`t think of better use I can put it to! Going to try and get into the confluence area also, if the people I used to know are still there. Got a 14# hen in there years ago, thank God the water was warm cuz I went swimming for that one as I was on 6# line and no where to run. Pretty common occurence for me back in those days. Fishing around large boulders and lots of over hanging trees etc. Later all, Bob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts