IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 year old daughter Cora spent the weekend with Daddy. We went to visit my buddy Keith and his friend Gary on the Rogue for a couple of days.

Cora was determined to learn to fish. Now, this is the author of "cut the line Daddy!", so I told her we would work on some trout.

In quick order she was baiting the hook, casting her rod and intently watching her bobber. She told me it was OK if I wanted to fish too.

In a couple of minutes she is proudly dangling her first keeper hatchery fish, caught on her own.

I asked her if she wanted to battle a chinook, she was game. So Keith graciously hooked up a nice big 'nooker and Cora had her hands full.

She has caught quite a few salmon and a boat load of shad, but this was more than she could handle on her own. With some help, she got this nice hen in.

She said, "that was fun, but I don't want to do it again".

She stuck to trout for the rest of the trip.

Generally fishing was pretty slow, we found a few, it should improve.

Thanks again Keith, good fishin with you again Gary.

GRB

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way cool GRB :dance:
:grin:

·
Registered
554 Posts
That's what it's all about! Nice job. Great pics.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
:cheers:

nice fishie GRB. i hope my daughter likes fishing as much as yours when she grows up.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nice Fish . Good Job Cora. :dance:

I took my son fishing in astoria this weekend. He landed 2 keeper Gators, had to let one go- already had our limits. :cheers: Crabbing in Tillamook Bay wasn't as good to us.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee,

I was hoping someone would dog me about keeping those "boots" (like James for instance). :shocked:

So just in order to beat you to the punch.

Those "boots" have nicer meat than the Willamette chromers we've been catching for the past 3 months. Go figure. :shrug: I LOVE springers

GRB

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Grb just pasted ribs on the skin for that picture. :grin: . Nice fish and congratulation to to cora. Was she as excited as Tamsons friend?
tight lines

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was good to spend some R&R with you and Cora. Hope you can make it back down later. BTW you didn't miss a thing Monday.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Gary,

We enjoyed it too. I'm negotiating with the "War Department" to see how many more trips I can sneek in. Should be able to do some stuff with the kids at the lake later in the season. BTW, Grant and I had 4 "bobber downs" that turned into 3 on and 2 landed on Monday, didn't hit, but real skinny in places.

Ryan,

It was probably a little much from the bank, she got worked. Keep your "bug dope" handy. Try to stay away from that lagoon down in Homer. See yah in the fall.

GRB

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
It's amazing how he could add that much red to them filets with photo shop :grin:

Seriously though, that's awesome you get to take the little one out fishing with you and she enjoys it! :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts