1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9,881 Posts
HB
You got it brother.
DAB

· Registered
10,870 Posts
He's on my list HB :angel: I always pray for our soldiers who are serving :applause: :bowdown:

-jokester

· Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His first name is Chris. He was born when I was 17 years old. He was like my own child. I changed his diapers, fed him bottles, watched Sesame Street with him, took him for walks, read him books, and taught him "stupid kid tricks". It prepared me for eventual fatherhood. I love him and miss him. He enlisted by my example. He volunteered to go. If anything happens to him, I will consider it in large part my fault, as he was following my example, and my ideals. I am proud of him, and I realize the danger is not great from a statistical standpoint, but still...

Lord, keep my little brother safe and make his service fruitful.

happybrew

· Registered
432 Posts
Hey Brew, Don't be afraid, BE PROUD! I know kinda of what your feeling. I helped raise two nephews when I was 18 that both went to Iraq. And they both made it back. For 16 months at 2100 I prayed the 23 Psalm for each. They did the same. He needs to feel your strength. Being his big brother you taught him how to be a good man, right? You taught him how to shoot straight, right? You taught him almost everything he knows, right? I know it's hard to think of the bad things that might happen, but your faith in God with get you thru this. Just remember lots of prayers are being prayed for him everyday. Please keep us up to date on his happennings over there. The more interest you show in his being there will uplift his spirits. Ask him for some pics for you to put up on this thread. "Lord, please help Chris while he is away from his family. Keep him close to you, and return him to us safe and sound. And we all say, Amen."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.